Full Tilt Boogie Racing's 14" front SN-95 Brembo brake conversion kits now available

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
At Full Tilt Boogie Racing, we have some exciting news for Mustang performance enthusiasts. We now have available a 14" front (355x32mm) Brembo brake conversion kit for all SN-95 vehicles.

Here is a photo of the kit:

SN-95%2014%20inch%20front%20kit%20final.jpg

This requires 18" wheels and should fit under most 18" wheels. Check your wheel specs for fitment. This kit naturally fits Cobra models along with all Mach I, Bullitt and GT models as well.

Included in the kit are a pair of radial mounted Brembo F-50 four piston fixed calipers loaded with street pads and pad attaching hardware. A pair of FTBR caliper mounting brackets with caliper mounting hardware, FTBR stress relieved, slotted, directionally vaned, clear zinc plated, floating rotor rings, hard anodized, billet machined aluminum FTBR floating hats, attaching bobbins and hardware all of which are compatible with the Brembo Gran Turismo 355x32mm kit. The kit also comes with braided Stainless Steel front brake lines, banjo bolts and copper sealing rings.

Similar kits can be found for more than $1,400.00 more than what we are offering the kit for:

Brembo GT 355mm Big Brake Kit

That's like a 39% off sale!!! :-D

The price of our kit is $2,200.00 and comes complete with everything you need and ready to bolt on to your vehicle. Optional items for this kit would be HD rotor rings for road racing add $100.00. Race pads would also be available at an additional cost depending on your pad choice. (inquire)

Why is our 14" kit better than some of the other 'cheaper' 14" kits available on the market? I'll tell you, and it can be summed up in two words: "rotating mass". Some of our competitors use a 14" OEM GT 500 rotor in their kits. These rotors are very inexpensive to buy compared to manufacturing 2 pc floating rotors and hat assemblies. These insanely heavy 14" GT 500 rotors weigh in at OVER 25#:

S197oemgt500rotorwt.jpg

That is MORE than 6# heavier than a 13" SN-95 OEM front rotor:

brembo1pc19.1lbs.jpg

With that kit you are adding MORE than 12# of rotating mass and unsprung weight on the front end of a car that's already too heavy. In case you didn't realize this, your 1/4 mile E.T.'s will actually go up and your MPH will go down adding that much rotating mass to your car because it's more weight that needs to be accelerated from a dead stop. If you're concerned with handling, more rotating mass will reduce the turn-in response of your vehicle as well.

Our street/strip rotor that comes standard with out kit weighs in at 16.68# each.

dyhl.jpg

This is an unbelievable 17.28# rotating mass and unsprung weight savings as compared to the kits that use 14" GT 500 rotors. :read:

Even our heavy duty road race rotor ring option is still 11# less rotating mass compared to the kits that have the 14" GT 500 rotors:

4aky.jpg

If you're a performance minded Mustang enthusiast, this kit should be an easy choice for you if you're looking to upgrade the performance of your Mustang.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding the kit.

Bruce and the Full Tilt Boogie Racing Team

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

gabe1530

Banned
i asked about the red calipers a while back and they weren't available.
id really like to get this kit in the future.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
Red calipers?

You can always strip the caliper, bead blast, paint, powder clear and add new decals.... Could be done for under $200, it's what I'm doing.

Edit: BTW, Bruce, my rotors came yesterday....my family sent me pics.....so awesome!!

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Bruce I have Brembo F50 calipers but at some point would like to purchase your 2-piece light weight rotors. Are you going to offer just the rotors, dont see them on your site?

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Bruce I have Brembo F50 calipers but at some point would like to purchase your 2-piece light weight rotors. Are you going to offer just the rotors, dont see them on your site?

Troy:

What rotors are you running now with those calipers? If you have not run them yet, do you have the caliper mounting brackets which are required for mounting the calipers on a SN-95 application?

The heavy duty rotors are FT 9400 which are for road race applications and the FT 9400LW which are the street version. Both of which are at the bottom of our SN-95 brake order page:

Mustang Cobra SN-95 Brake Parts

We have not listed the hats on our site yet because there has not been that much of a request for them yet.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I was assuming Troy was referring to the 14" rotor rings which are what the F-50 Brembo calipers are designed for.

I am Bruce. I saw the 13" kit am interested in just the 14" rotors since i do not see them separately on your site for SN-95's. I have seen the replacement rings but not hats. How much for the complete front road race rotors?

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Troy:

What rotors are you running now with those calipers? If you have not run them yet, do you have the caliper mounting brackets which are required for mounting the calipers on a SN-95 application?

The heavy duty rotors are FT 9400 which are for road race applications and the FT 9400LW which are the street version. Both of which are at the bottom of our SN-95 brake order page:

Mustang Cobra SN-95 Brake Parts

We have not listed the hats on our site yet because there has not been that much of a request for them yet.

I have the brackets and what I believe are slotted Brembo GT500 rotors. I bought a used Brembo kit from a Cobra owner. They are the fiveology brembo kit.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I have the brackets and what I believe are slotted Brembo GT500 rotors. I bought a used Brembo kit from a Cobra owner. They are the fiveology brembo kit.

If you have Brembo F-50 calipers it really doesn't make sense to have a GT 500 rotor. Mainly because the GT 500 has such a tall brake pad surface due to the much taller brake pad on the GT 500. The F-50 Brembo caliper has a much shorter braking surface. This shorter braking surface equates to a significantly lighter rotor because it has a much larger diameter hat which is where the weight savings comes in. I'm not even sure the GT 500 and the 14" Brembo Gran Turismo brake conversion kit even have the same off set. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure they are not the same. I can check though.

Our SN-95 14" front heavy duty road race rotor and hat assembly weighs less than 19#. Our street rotor and hat assembly are less than 16# each. The one pc OEM 14" GT 500 rotor is over 25# each. That's a significant difference in unsprung weight and rotating mass.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
If you have Brembo F-50 calipers it really doesn't make sense to have a GT 500 rotor. Mainly because the GT 500 has such a tall brake pad surface due to the much taller brake pad on the GT 500. The F-50 Brembo caliper has a much shorter braking surface. This shorter braking surface equates to a significantly lighter rotor because it has a much larger diameter hat which is where the weight savings comes in. I'm not even sure the GT 500 and the 14" Brembo Gran Turismo brake conversion kit even have the same off set. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure they are not the same. I can check though.

Our SN-95 14" front heavy duty road race rotor and hat assembly weighs less than 19#. Our street rotor and hat assembly are less than 16# each. The one pc OEM 14" GT 500 rotor is over 25# each. That's a significant difference in unsprung weight and rotating mass.

I may be mistaken Bruce, I know I was told that they were a slotted Brembo rotor and the calipers use the same pads as the GT500. It is a Brembo 355mm Big brake kit.

According to my notes i have the slotted Brembo rotors but GT500 rotors are supposed to work as well

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I may be mistaken Bruce, I know I was told that they were a slotted Brembo rotor and the calipers use the same pads as the GT500. It is a Brembo 355mm Big brake kit.

According to my notes i have the slotted Brembo rotors but GT500 rotors are supposed to work as well

Troy:

The F-40 and F-50 Brembo calipers are radial mount calipers and require a caliper mounting bracket. They take a shorter pad than the GT500 'axial' mount caliper. The GT500 caliper has no caliper mounting bracket.

If you'd like I can throw some pictures up tonight after work which will hopefully clarify things if there is still some confusion regarding this.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Yes please do Bruce, I must be not understanding. I do have a caliper mounting bracket though.

I just want to make sure I can run your lighter weight two piece 14" rotors

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yes please do Bruce, I must be not understanding. I do have a caliper mounting bracket though.

I just want to make sure I can run your lighter weight two piece 14" rotors

Troy:

Ok, here are some photos showing the pad height differences between the taller GT500 pad and the shorter F-50 Brembo caliper pad. In one of the pics the pads are laying on a GT500 rotor. The other pic is both of them standing up next to each other:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Next are photos showing our Full Tilt Boogie Racing two pc. floating rotors for the GT500 (on the left) and the SN-95 14" front brake conversion (on the right). Notice how much much more rotor and less hat is on the GT500 version. This makes them much heavier even in 2 pc. versions. The SN-95 14" rotor has a significantly larger diameter hat which reduces the rotating mass and unsprung weight of the floating rotor assembly.

The over all height (OAH) of the rotors is also noted. The GT500 rotor has an overall height of approximately 45mm. The SN-95 Gran Turismo 14" rotor has an OAH of 54.5mm. So if your kit originally used a GT500 rotor, our rotors that we modeled off of the Brembo 355x32mm Gran Turismo kit, will not fit your application because your caliper mouting brackets were made to be used with a GT500 rotor.

The last photo shows the difference between the OEM GT500 axial mounted caliper and the F-50 Brembo radial mounted caliper that requires a caliper mounting bracket.

Hope that clears things up. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread