Full pillar gauge review

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I know you said that "The wire for the A/F to the PCM is a piece of cake" but which wire on the PCM does it connect to? That's the one picture that's missing. Otherwise, very useful information.

raptorman02

Established Member
I was wondering the same thing, when I did my TA I actually tapped into on of the wires by the Oxy Sensor. What a pain that was.

davidmax

Established Member
I'm doing a 4 gauge ad on 2 a-pillar 2 b-pillar I havent chose the final 4 gauges but I will also have 1 dth a shift light as the tachs dont keep time with the revs they lag behind and you can easily bounce off the rev Ltr.and she will be shifting at 7200 and the lt. will come on at 6900 as to allow thr tach to catch up.Dave S.

stangin

Established Member
I know you said that "The wire for the A/F to the PCM is a piece of cake" but which wire on the PCM does it connect to? That's the one picture that's missing. Otherwise, very useful information.

I was wondering the same thing, I have the A/F gauge and was planning to hook into the o2 sensor, but the pcm would be easier. Which wire, would you take a pic and post, or at least instruct us how to hook it in?

Thanks

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
I found this on another thread describing the wire for the A/F to the PCM. Although of an earlier year, it's apparently the same set of wires and was successfully done on a 2003 Cobra.

97-99 Mustangs
There are two options for this hookup as well, again it's the left or right sensors. Locate the PCM, which is above or behind the passenger side kick panel. Look for the 104-pin connector. For the left sensor you will go to pin 87 which is a red wire with a black stripe. For the right sensor you will go to pin 60 which is a gray wire with a light blue stripe.

You can use pin 60 (gray wire with blue stripe) or pin 87 (red wire with black stripe). 87 is easier to get to on the PCM connector.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Well since we are on the subject....
Anyone have any ideas how to replace the current stock rheostat with one that would cut the factory lighting back further. That is one of my major complaints with the current gauge lighting.

It is VERY dark out here in Arizona at night.... and I really would like to dim the stock gauges even further than currently possible.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by ArizonaSnake
Well since we are on the subject....
Anyone have any ideas how to replace the current stock rheostat with one that would cut the factory lighting back further. That is one of my major complaints with the current gauge lighting.

It is VERY dark out here in Arizona at night.... and I really would like to dim the stock gauges even further than currently possible.

I would also like to dim mine further, they're way too bright for my liking.....

Users who are viewing this thread