Full Length Jacking Rail "Spy Shots"

rroese

Established Member
Copy of 20160523_094722.jpgJacking Rails Prototype (1).jpg544341e5-cc6e-4aa2-b94a-0afb50213646.jpg

Here are some "Spy Shots" of the new J&M Full Length Jacking Rails. We are utilizing 2 machined inserts at both ends of the rails for maximum strength and ridgity. The inserts get welded in and the ends get capped off to prevent rusting and corrosion. Since taking the photos we have added 3.5 inches to the front and 1.5 inches to the rear of the rails. These rails are designed for maximum protection of the rocker panels and the factory jacking/lift points.

The rails will be powder coated black or red and they will also be available in a bare finish. Availability will be the middle of June.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those look really nice. Have you guys ever considered making them out of aluminum to save weight? I know that would cost a lot more, but could probably cut about 10 pounds off.

ademily87

Established Member
Those look really nice. Have you guys ever considered making them out of aluminum to save weight? I know that would cost a lot more, but could probably cut about 10 pounds off.
Just asking, out of curiosity, but would the aluminum ones be substantially weaker?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hotpart.com

Established Member

By the time you add the appropriate wall to maintain proper strength they would weigh about the same.

Users who are viewing this thread