Full bolt on 2011 mustang gt

dave00gt

Established Member
Hey guys,

just got my mustang 2 months ago, and ive already been thinking the route i wanna go for my mustang as far as performance parts

I already have mufflers, x-pipe and CAI

What i wanted to know is , what kinda power could i expect from my 5.0 with full bolt parts,

Lets say I add to my 2011 mustang gt auto these parts

1. intake
2. mufflers
3 X pipe
4.shorty headers
5.TB
6. mild cams
7.Tune
8. debating cat deletes(rumor of cylinder #8 failure)

The reason i am asking is cause im trying to figure out if the Hp is going to be enough for me.

Anybody think i can be close to 500rwhp with these mods?

thanks for the input:beer:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
With longtubes, intake, and tune you will see around 440rwhp +/-. I havent seen too many people go with cams on these cars but they would be good for about 20 rwhp.

You mentioned shorty headers but shorties and longtubes are both the same to install which is a pain in the ass, so if your doing it might as well get the full benefit.

#8 issue was an issue early on from a tuning issue that was found in even some stock tunes. With a good tune your car will be fine.

Throttle body is said to not give much hp for what its worth so you may want to save your money on that

dave00gt

Established Member
With longtubes, intake, and tune you will see around 440rwhp +/-. I havent seen too many people go with cams on these cars but they would be good for about 20 rwhp.

You mentioned shorty headers but shorties and longtubes are both the same to install which is a pain in the ass, so if your doing it might as well get the full benefit.

#8 issue was an issue early on from a tuning issue that was found in even some stock tunes. With a good tune your car will be fine.

Throttle body is said to not give much hp for what its worth so you may want to save your money on that

hey thanks for the input, the reason why i want to have shorties is cause i still get to keep my cats, or remove them with cat deletes. Ive have a loud mustang before and after a while it gets to you.so i wanna have the option of putting back my cats do quiet it down a bit.

on the throttle body , your right, ive read that too, probably if i am going FI

I am def gonna look into some cat deletes

87hatchy

Established Member
Removing cats have NOTHING to do with cyl 8 failures.

Most will tell you that headers and TB provide minimal gain and aren't worth it unless you're trying to squeeze out every last drop of power, especially the TB. However, if you are going to do headers don't even piss around with shorties, go longtubes...

Cams are not a popular upgrade for these cars but are probably worth it.

If you do CAI, full exhuast, tune, and good tires you'll be in pretty good shape

5150Mustang

302 Fanatic
Established Member
Cams are pretty steep on price to begin with OP. plus the labor to install is a decent chunk as well. . .
but mainly with the Varible Timing the car has its like the other guy up there said, 20 horse gain or so.

is your car a stick or auto ?

dave00gt

Established Member
Cams are pretty steep on price to begin with OP. plus the labor to install is a decent chunk as well. . .
but mainly with the Varible Timing the car has its like the other guy up there said, 20 horse gain or so.

is your car a stick or auto ?

Automatic

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
There are plenty of mufflers that are not obnoxious with an O/R midpipe. GT500s and JBAs, for example.

What are your goals, just power or are you going to race it?

Mike

dave00gt

Established Member
There are plenty of mufflers that are not obnoxious with an O/R midpipe. GT500s and JBAs, for example.

What are your goals, just power or are you going to race it?

Mike

Honestly my goal is to have strong daily driver, might not see the track to much, since its not that close. I used to have 2000 sced gt, with 400rwhp, but this car feels like a totaly diferent beast. I think 450 will rip the streets moderately.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Honestly my goal is to have strong daily driver, might not see the track to much, since its not that close. I used to have 2000 sced gt, with 400rwhp, but this car feels like a totaly diferent beast. I think 450 will rip the streets moderately.

Here is what I would do if I was doing the "full bolt on" route. I am actually pretty close to this anyway:

Tune
CAI (optional, but it sounds good)
O/R midpipe
Axleback of choice, replace resonators with 3 inch Bullets for sound control, or get a full catback of the mild variety
Boss IM
Longtubes

This should net you close to 450. Also, consider gears. 3.90s are the magic gears for the Boss intake and an M6, not sure about the Auto. The car will be very fast with these mods. The cams are an option I would only resort to in the event that you don't think it is fast enough. If that is the case, I would go for cams and heads...since I am spending your money. :beer:

Also, you will need to get it to hook.

Mike

Last edited:

BLK2012GT

Established Member
I'm trying to get as close to 500 rwhp without doing heads. I'm taking my car into the shop tomorrow for e85 setup. I'll probably get close but not over 500. Right now I'm at 466 rwhp.

D.T.R

Established Member
Whoa that's expensive. Not expensive as in JPC being overpriced, but expensive as a modding route to go with.
Add e85 to that^ and you'll be getting close to what some of these FI kits come with on the base tunes

Yeah, but with FI you are a pulley away, or a click away (boost controller on a turbo setup) from going 200whp+ above that. The N/A route is nice, but way more whp per $$ expensive. I do understand that any FI kit cost a little more than the link i quoted above, but the ceiling of a FI kit is much higher than an n/a build.

Users who are viewing this thread