Full 3 inch system

mach1033

Established Member
I bought the Magnaflow 3 inch today from summit. Borla doesnt make a 20inch overall length race muffler. All that is left is the Kooks step headers and I'm done exhaust wise. These next 3 to 4 weeks are gonna drag I know it :bash:

Crackerballer

Oh baby!
Established Member
Pm'd you last week, did you not get it?

*edit, also didn't know Magnaflow made a 3" IRS system.

*edit 2, I assume you meant the magnaflow 3" muffler, in and out.

Last edited:

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Cops actually ticket you for not having cats? I've heard of a DPS officer doing it but not city police. If it's just a visual check, get some cheap cats and knock out the guts of them. You'll pass any visuals.

If I ever get pulled over for "loud" exhaust, I fully intend to argue how a Harley Davidson is legal and I am not, sound wise.

mach1033

Established Member
Pm'd you last week, did you not get it?

*edit, also didn't know Magnaflow made a 3" IRS system.

*edit 2, I assume you meant the magnaflow 3" muffler, in and out.

Yup I meant the 3 inch muffler. I also bought stailess steel tails from dynomax along with Magnaflow 4 inch tips.

GodStang

Established Member
I bought the Magnaflow 3 inch today from summit. Borla doesnt make a 20inch overall length race muffler. All that is left is the Kooks step headers and I'm done exhaust wise. These next 3 to 4 weeks are gonna drag I know it :bash:

What does it matter that Borla does not make a 20" muffler? The reason I ask is I should be ordering my setup soon. I just figured you order the 2 straight pieces a little longer. The are under $20 a piece figured if that is the sound you want then is should work. Either way get some videos up when your car is back together.

mach1033

Established Member
What does it matter that Borla does not make a 20" muffler? The reason I ask is I should be ordering my setup soon. I just figured you order the 2 straight pieces a little longer. The are under $20 a piece figured if that is the sound you want then is should work. Either way get some videos up when your car is back together.

I was reading that the IRS magnaflow catback mufflers are 20 inch in overall length. The thought process behind getting the same length is for ease of installation. If the 3 inch magnaflow race mufflers sound like total shit then I will get the Borla 3 inch and have the required mods done to install them. Every dollar counts for me as I didnt think I would need to go to a 3 inch system with my engine build and this was def not part of my plans as what I needed so it caught me off guard. When the car gets dyno'd I will have a buddy of mine video it and I will post it up. Don't hold back your opinions either lol. :beer:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Did you buy all the pieces for the catback separate from summit? Would you mind posting up part #'s? I would love to build my own 3" catback.

mach1033

Established Member
Did you buy all the pieces for the catback separate from summit? Would you mind posting up part #'s? I would love to build my own 3" catback.

Dynomax part# 55072
Dynomax part# 55073
Magnaflow 3 inch muffler part# 12867
Magnaflow tips part# 35107
Magnaflow spun cats part# 59959
Walker band clamps part# 33272
Summit butt joint part# 693300
The 3 inch x pipe is from DR. Gas and I bought them directly from them.

Last edited:

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Has anyone seen any gains going from 2.5 to 3 in the low 600rwhp area? I saw one reference where someone picked up like 60rwhp but that's it. I'm eventually going E85 w/ more boost, but want to know if this is a mod I should be doing now, rather than later.

I want to change the exhaust since my current setup doesn't make the cams very noticeable, and just wondering if I'm going to get a boost to go with it.

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Dynomax part# 55072
Dynomax part# 55073
Thank you sir.:beer:

mach1033

Established Member
Has anyone seen any gains going from 2.5 to 3 in the low 600rwhp area? I saw one reference where someone picked up like 60rwhp but that's it. I'm eventually going E85 w/ more boost, but want to know if this is a mod I should be doing now, rather than later.

I want to change the exhaust since my current setup doesn't make the cams very noticeable, and just wondering if I'm going to get a boost to go with it.

Your not really gonna see any gains on a stock motor. The only reason I am upgrading is because of the head porting and cams that i am getting done and on the "strong advice" of the engine builder I am doing just that. Otherwise I would have stayed with my 2.5 inch system.

Satin03

Established Member
Dynomax part# 55072
Dynomax part# 55073

As mentioned earlier, you may want to double check with Dynomax on the tailpipes. I'm 99% sure they are aluminized not stainless. The Summit website is a little misleading. Only the polished tips are stainless. Just don't want you ordering the wrong thing by mistake. I almost made the same mistake looking for stainless.

Nickerz

wh1plsh
Established Member
Your not really gonna see any gains on a stock motor. The only reason I am upgrading is because of the head porting and cams that i am getting done and on the "strong advice" of the engine builder I am doing just that. Otherwise I would have stayed with my 2.5 inch system.
I've got a built shortblock and stage 3 cams.

Anyone with any recorded gains besides that one hearsay account?

Emwun Garand

Established Member
I looked up the tailpipes through summit and the description states stainless steel. I havent called them yet but I will verify it.

They are NOT stainless. I purchased them too from Summit and ended up returning them. Got a refund minus the original shipping charges. I informed Summit that the description was inaccurate and clearly they have not rectified the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread