Fuel upgrades to reach 500rwhp?

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I have a 03 that has a 2.9 upper pulley, a stage 5 port from Steig. , a CAI and everything else motor wise is stock.
I was told with that setup I should be at 500rwhp or just over. Brenspeed did my tuning with an SCT propgramer and they could only get 475rwhp. Brent said my mass air meter was pegged and he recommended I upgrade my fuel pump (possible get a boost a pump) bigger injectors and bigger mass air meter.
Do the numbers sound correct for the mods? I know Bob from Steig. said it should be at 500 with stock fuel setup.

What is everyone running fuel wise? I would like to get over that 500 rwhp mark.
60lb injectors?
What mm of mass air meter (brand)?
Boot a pump ?

Thanks in advance guys.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
these Terminators car to car behave a bit different but a KB 40 amp BAP and a BA2400 or 2600 meter will support 500rw. Your peak #'s are most likely effected by your fuel pump duty cycle, Brenspeed saw it maxing and didn't pull wot to redline.

Last edited:

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Mafia will be easier to tune then a sct big air maf, however always check with your tuner on which route to take with the MAF
60's and a bap should get u there.

saleenssc1989

Established Member
Ordered:
LFP quick change crank pulley 4lb.
LFP single blade TB
KB 40amp BAP
KB BAP wireharness upgrade
SCT MAF
Siemens 80lb injectors

I am hoping to have these installed and producing over 500rwhp on E85. I have been in touch with a tuner in northern Illinois. Hope to have hard dyno numbers as well as 1/4 mile times by the end of the season.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is E85 really worth it at that level. 500 is pretty easy to hit on pump gas. Or it seems that way at least.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
Ordered:
LFP quick change crank pulley 4lb.
LFP single blade TB
KB 40amp BAP
KB BAP wireharness upgrade
SCT MAF
Siemens 80lb injectors

I am hoping to have these installed and producing over 500rwhp on E85. I have been in touch with a tuner in northern Illinois. Hope to have hard dyno numbers as well as 1/4 mile times by the end of the season.
running e85 ? if so don't forget your comparable e85 pumps, PPRV delete and modified fpdm

Users who are viewing this thread