Fuel System upgrade recommendations?

sushistrip

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm needing a little advice on what fuel system upgrades I need to/maybe need to do. I recently got an o/r xpipe installed and I am getting it retuned in a couple weeks so I want to do as many upgrades that I can right now that require a retune.

Mod list:
JLT CAI
BASCT2600 MAF Sensor
Magnaflow Catback
UPR Offroad X-Pipe
2.8X upper pulley

Plenty of other mods but those are the relevant ones. Currently it makes 438/478 whp/wtq at 14psi on the stock eaton. The tuner says he can get it to 450whp with the xpipe but any further and I need fuel upgrades. At some point in the future I plan on upgrading the supercharger so overkill on fuel mods wouldn't go to waste however I really don't want to spend a ton of money. This is my daily driver and the only fuel available to me is 91.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

mach1033

Established Member
cheapest route would be 60lb injectors and a BAP. Good for 600rwhp

Last edited:

rudycobra

Established Member
60's , bap , new hat with gt pumps and modified or dual fpdm . That way wen u do port blower or upgrade Lil more u will allready have enough fuel

Rudy

sushistrip

Established Member
Thanks for the replies! How much do you think the install would be for injectors and a BAP? As far as doing it myself, I probably could, I have friends who are a bit more car savy than me. The only think I've ever done is install my shifter, and switch some vacuum/boost lines around. Also, holy crap, I didn't realize injectors were so much! Lol.

ctgreddy

Established Member
you wont need injectors with those mods, from what i can tell the injectors are good for 5-520 whp on MOST cars, ofcourse some are different. a bap is all i'd really recommend at that level and even that isn't quite necessary until you upgrade the blower. I have mods in my sig, stock injectors, and before i put the bap on with all the mods the pumps were at 98% duty cycle so it needed the bap then, but on a stock eaton you should be fine.

sushistrip

Established Member
It seems I'm just gonna stick with what I have for now. My tuner suggested I get an upgraded heat exchanger first, then fpdm and upgraded fuel pumps before a BAP or injectors. I don't really need all that now and it would run me around 2 grand if not more for all that and the tune. So I'll probably just wait until I upgrade the blower.

mach1033

Established Member
2 grand will get you a complete return system with hat pumps rails injectors fuel lines regulator and filter. Have you checked the market section? You must be a newb if u think a bap and injectors are a lot lol.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
It seems I'm just gonna stick with what I have for now. My tuner suggested I get an upgraded heat exchanger first, then fpdm and upgraded fuel pumps before a BAP or injectors. I don't really need all that now and it would run me around 2 grand if not more for all that and the tune. So I'll probably just wait until I upgrade the blower.
fpdms and new pumps before just adding 60's and a BAP?:shrug:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I got new 60's with a couple dyno runs on them for $240 and paid $100 for a Bap from a member here...AND the tuner wants you to rip out your returnless for return with 450RW?
Another baffling piece of advise??

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread