Fuel System Requirements ~ 800rwhp E85

Streetpwr281

Established Member
My current combo is in 740rwhp - 750rwhp range on 93 pump gas. Consist of 2.9 Whipple, 1 7/8 LTs, Hi-Flo H, 155mm JLT, VMP Twinjet 67mm TB, ID1050X injectors, and other supporting mods. Fuel system is a stock 2013 Shelby setup besides the ID1050X injectors. I currently run a 3.0 Upper Pulley making 16psi with plan to switch to a 2.75 and hopefully ~ 18psi. If I also switched to an E85 tune I'm thinking 800rwhp would be achievable conservatively. What other fuel system mods would be required to support that 800rwhp E85 setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbyblaze

Established Member
You would need a competition Boost-A-Pump. I have ID1300's I haven't heard of the ID X variant, these must be new? Whats the difference between the old and new X's?

manny231988

Established Member
DUAL BOOST A PUMP AND MINIMAL
ID 1300. I run boost a pump and ID 1000 on my GT but was told id1300 for my Shelby just haven't done it . You will hit the mark with ease, Your bottom end built? As everyone will tell you mid 800's is when rods tend to fail.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I ran the KB 20 volt competition BAP with ID1300s and fore fuel rails and lines with my 3.6 KB. I was a little over 800whp with plenty of fuel left on the table.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
These recommendations jive with my tuners advise. Sounds like my existing fuel setup is pretty maxed out already. May be best served to add the 2.75 UP for a couple lbs of boost and just stay on 93 octane until I really want to upgrade the fuel system. Bottom end is stock which is another reason I'm hesitant to push the envelope much further.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I also have a 20v bap for sale. I had id1300s and a canton fuel filter,stock fuel system made 842 on pump e85 with ported tvs at 17lbs.
Same here, 20V BAP, ID1300, Canton filter (call Canton and buy direct with correct Ford fittings), all else stock I'm maxed at 965rwhp E85, it's safe for drag but not for mile racing.
Under 900rwhp you'll be fine.
-J

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Same here, 20V BAP, ID1300, Canton filter (call Canton and buy direct with correct Ford fittings), all else stock I'm maxed at 965rwhp E85, it's safe for drag but not for mile racing.
Under 900rwhp you'll be fine.
-J
What size are the stock 13/14 GT500 pumps?

50stangpower

Established Member
Ok piggybacking. Looking to be about 800rw with cams. Currently fuel system is all stock. Will I run out of fuel and if so should I do injectors or just a BAP?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok piggybacking. Looking to be about 800rw with cams. Currently fuel system is all stock. Will I run out of fuel and if so should I do injectors or just a BAP?
What fuel? If E85 is ever a cosideration then look for big injectors that are E capable. ID1050/1300 or DW 96s are all great. Stock pumps with a BAP and a Canton filter with connectors for stock lines (call canton direct for definite right set up and a discount).
red3V---our '13-14 stock pumps are same as Coyote GT of same year. I'll have to look for email direct from DW Deicth Works and they said their drop in pump wasn't much strong so stay with stock pumps and BAP until I did a return setup. So they're pretty strong and I'll look for email.
-J

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Fuel calculators show ID1050X injectors at 43.5psi / 80% Duty Cycle on Supercharged application will support 1100hp. Based on that sounds like a BAP and I should be good to go on E85 tune pushing ~ 800rwhp or so. Sound reasonable?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Fuel psi will be higher when boost is fed in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Correct, for standard return systems it's typical to have a 1:1 regulator for boost pressure over base, 43psi base at 17psi boost is 60psi WOT fuel pressure. It will change the math.
I'm not exact on the factory returnless strategy but maybe someone can chime in.
-J

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Well given the higher boost referenced fuel psi the calculator would show even higher hp supported by 1050cc injectors. Trying to determine if I'm good up to 850rwhp on E85 w my existing ID1050X injectors.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well given the higher boost referenced fuel psi the calculator would show even higher hp supported by 1050cc injectors. Trying to determine if I'm good up to 850rwhp on E85 w my existing ID1050X injectors.

Obviously injectors are important and you're correct that increasing pressure is a crutch with smaller injectors BUT that makes it harder for the pumps to keep up at higher pressure.
You should be fine at that level as I am still on stock pumps but I wouldn't try top speed events without careful data logs to make sure you're not dropping pressure at top end.
-J

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Obviously injectors are important and you're correct that increasing pressure is a crutch with smaller injectors BUT that makes it harder for the pumps to keep up at higher pressure.
You should be fine at that level as I am still on stock pumps but I wouldn't try top speed events without careful data logs to make sure you're not dropping pressure at top end.
-J

Car is daily driven low miles with very occasional roll race when opportunity presents itself from maybe 35mph - 120mph-ish. Might see the 1/4 mile once in its life for a few test n tune passes at most.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Should be fine as my datalog at 755rwhp on 93 pump (with some Torco) actually added a degree of timing due to no knock. This was 100% stock fuel system on a mail order Lund 93 tune. Stock injectors and no BAP. For no track use I'd run it and do a few datalogs to be safe.
Reread your post and if doing E85 you will need a BAP.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread