Fuel System Requirements ~ 800rwhp E85

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Should be fine as my datalog at 755rwhp on 93 pump (with some Torco) actually added a degree of timing due to no knock. This was 100% stock fuel system on a mail order Lund 93 tune. Stock injectors and no BAP. For no track use I'd run it and do a few datalogs to be safe.
Reread your post and if doing E85 you will need a BAP.
-J

Thanks again. Concerns about running E85 in a daily driver? ie: corrosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Make sure you check your fuel filter a few times a year, but other than that, we haven't had many problems around here in Midwest. I've heard of injector/line sludge in some areas, but we have multiple high volume stations nearby.
I plan on checking filter and bore scope before I race it next month as that will be a full month of street driving.
-J

Streetpwr281

Established Member
Make sure you check your fuel filter a few times a year, but other than that, we haven't had many problems around here in Midwest. I've heard of injector/line sludge in some areas, but we have multiple high volume stations nearby.
I plan on checking filter and bore scope before I race it next month as that will be a full month of street driving.
-J

10-4. I may settle for staying on 93 octane tune for now w smaller 2.75 upper pulley just to avoid any issues. Hoping to retire Shelby from daily driving by next summer at which time I'll go E85 and maybe even add NSR cams. Stock motor will probably be pushing it at that point w only OPGs, Timing Gear, and Balancer upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread