Fuel System Questions

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
So I've been doing allot of research and reading around and I'm just trying to make sure I have everything accounted for here:

Parts are as follows,
Fore Fuel Rails
Fore Dual Pump hat w/2 465 walboros
FC3 Controller
Hobbs Switch
-8an feed/return
ID1000s
2.3 whipple Gen 2
Accufab Single Blade TB
BA3000

Most of my questions are regarding the fuel system. Here is the current plan, Fuel hat, -8an to inline filter, -8an to the front side of passenger side fuel rail, -8an cross over line on the rear of the fuel rail (passenger side to driver side) then -8an out the front to FRPR, then -8an to the return port on the hat.

Am I gonna encounter any issues with getting the fuel rails or injectors in with the whipple? (doing all of this off the car)
I'm thinking of deleting my EGR to clean up some space but also to make the crossover on the rear a little easier.
I also heard there is a boost line in the dash that I can hook the hobbs switch up to, true or not? I'm just trying to figure out a smart clean way of doing all this.
I'm pretty surprised there are essentially zero directions anywhere for these kits. I guess everyone has to learn somewhere. I gotta find a vise so I can build these damn lines too.

Pardon any ridiculous questions, this is mostly a first for me so allot of trial and error going on. Thanks for any help or insight guys!!!

Marc

cj428mach

Established Member
A few things I would suggest is reading this thread. (You can see how I did the hobbs switch in the glovebox.)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...th-Fore-fc3-controller-and-hobbs-switch/page2

And this thread has great info...even though Bdubbs is level 1 return it gives you some ideas and wiring routing is discussed.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ubbs-TVS-blower-and-Fore-return-system-thread

I suggest you route your fuel lines in a dead head setup...so read this.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rastically-dropped-my-fuel-temps-by-over-100F

I have a whipple and am running it deadhead. I run an 8an line into the back of each rail and then run a crossover in the front of each rail. This can be ran without the front cross over but I see extremely steady fuel pressures with the front crossover in place. I wished it didn't need the front crossover as it was very stealth looking with just the front of each Fore rail capped off.

If you want to do a really clean install you can grab a Blue male and female O2 sensor plug in and it'll provide you with the terminals needed to plug all your wiring together. I did my return system install with out any factory wires or hoses being cut/spliced. Make sure you wire your fuel pumps up to be controlled by the stock FPDM as its a way cleaner setup....here is a link for that as well.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-HOW-TO-allowing-OE-type-fuel-pump-actuation

I'll try to get some pictures of my Whipple setup with Fore Rails posted later.

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
A few things I would suggest is reading this thread. (You can see how I did the hobbs switch in the glovebox.)
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...th-Fore-fc3-controller-and-hobbs-switch/page2

And this thread has great info...even though Bdubbs is level 1 return it gives you some ideas and wiring routing is discussed.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ubbs-TVS-blower-and-Fore-return-system-thread

I suggest you route your fuel lines in a dead head setup...so read this.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rastically-dropped-my-fuel-temps-by-over-100F

I have a whipple and am running it deadhead. I run an 8an line into the back of each rail and then run a crossover in the front of each rail. This can be ran without the front cross over but I see extremely steady fuel pressures with the front crossover in place. I wished it didn't need the front crossover as it was very stealth looking with just the front of each Fore rail capped off.

If you want to do a really clean install you can grab a Blue male and female O2 sensor plug in and it'll provide you with the terminals needed to plug all your wiring together. I did my return system install with out any factory wires or hoses being cut/spliced. Make sure you wire your fuel pumps up to be controlled by the stock FPDM as its a way cleaner setup....here is a link for that as well.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...g-HOW-TO-allowing-OE-type-fuel-pump-actuation

I'll try to get some pictures of my Whipple setup with Fore Rails posted later.

Thats some good info. I will have to read over it again later. I feel like that answered some of my questions then I got lost in the sauce all over again.......ughhhhhhh

TRBO VNM

Are you doing e85? If so, upgrade the filter media to SS and also add the mechanical gauge for the regulator unless you have a gauge in the car. I would also recommend the pre filter monitoring gauge and fitting if you are doing e85. This way you can confirm pressure pre filter and then use the gauge on the regulator or in the car(if you have an aftermarket) to check post filter pressure and know if the filter needs to be cleaned. People have found e85 requires the filter to be cleaned a lot more often than regular fuel

cj428mach

Established Member
Thats some good info. I will have to read over it again later. I feel like that answered some of my questions then I got lost in the sauce all over again.......ughhhhhhh

I felt that way too. I just started with the stuff I knew I could do like the wiring. Then did the fuel hat and started routing the line to the front. If you want to go Deadhead look at Malcolmv8's diagrams he drew out and pick the one that works best for you.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Could run aem 50-1200 pumps less heat...Thats what i run
I'll be switching those e85 compatible ones eventually.

I was originally planning on running those pumps but after talking to Kevin about things I decided on the 465s. I shouldn't need to worry about pumps again

Are you doing e85? If so, upgrade the filter media to SS and also add the mechanical gauge for the regulator unless you have a gauge in the car. I would also recommend the pre filter monitoring gauge and fitting if you are doing e85. This way you can confirm pressure pre filter and then use the gauge on the regulator or in the car(if you have an aftermarket) to check post filter pressure and know if the filter needs to be cleaned. People have found e85 requires the filter to be cleaned a lot more often than regular fuel

Yep! I did get the SS filter media and a mechanical gauge for the regulator. I also already have one in the car. I will look into the pre filter monitoring gauge. Thats actually really smart, I never thought about that. That being said I will be switching back and forth between E85 and 93 (due to long trips and e85 locations).

I felt that way too. I just started with the stuff I knew I could do like the wiring. Then did the fuel hat and started routing the line to the front. If you want to go Deadhead look at Malcolmv8's diagrams he drew out and pick the one that works best for you.

I felt so confident in everything yesterday, then I started trying to figure out the wiring of everything and lost my shit. After reading everything everyone has posted and talking to Kevin I have a much better understanding of the wiring and where everything needs to be located and routed.

I spent about an hr looking at the deadhead thread and setup, could I run the feed line to the regulator then 1 line where the fuel rails are in series, then the 1 return line? I have the F2I so I only have the 2 side ports and 1 return port.

You guys are life savers, I really appreciate all the help!! I will be making a build thread eventually, I just need to beat the research to death before I start tearing her apart!!

Thanks,
Marc

cj428mach

Established Member
I was originally planning on running those pumps but after talking to Kevin about things I decided on the 465s. I shouldn't need to worry about pumps again

Yep! I did get the SS filter media and a mechanical gauge for the regulator. I also already have one in the car. I will look into the pre filter monitoring gauge. Thats actually really smart, I never thought about that. That being said I will be switching back and forth between E85 and 93 (due to long trips and e85 locations).

I felt so confident in everything yesterday, then I started trying to figure out the wiring of everything and lost my shit. After reading everything everyone has posted and talking to Kevin I have a much better understanding of the wiring and where everything needs to be located and routed.

I spent about an hr looking at the deadhead thread and setup, could I run the feed line to the regulator then 1 line where the fuel rails are in series, then the 1 return line? I have the F2I so I only have the 2 side ports and 1 return port.

You guys are life savers, I really appreciate all the help!! I will be making a build thread eventually, I just need to beat the research to death before I start tearing her apart!!

Thanks,
Marc

Yeah, if you went dead head you could run the feed into the the regulator and do your rails in a series. The return line would be coming off the regulator.

I'm actually running a 3 port regulator from Fore plumbed with the feed coming in and a single line coming out of the other port into a Y block then a line from each side of the y into the rear of the each rail. Then a cross over line in the front, the regulator is mounted in the front bumper by my CAI.

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Yeah, if you went dead head you could run the feed into the the regulator and to your rails in a series. The return line would be coming off the regulator.

I'm actually running a 3 port regulator from Fore plumbed with the feed coming in and a single line coming out of the other port into a Y block then a line from each side of the y into the rear of the each rail. Then a cross over line in the front, the regulator is mounted in the front bumper by my CAI.

Would there be any ill effect if I ran feed line to Regulator then 1 line off the other side of the regulator to The front of one rail, have a crossover then capped the other end of the rail? Obviously the return line would be off the regulator bottom?

The more I read about the deadhead setup the smarter it sounds, seems pointless to heat up all the fuel

cj428mach

Established Member
Would there be any ill effect if I ran feed line to Regulator then 1 line off the other side of the regulator to The front of one rail, have a crossover then capped the other end of the rail? Obviously the return line would be off the regulator bottom?

The more I read about the deadhead setup the smarter it sounds, seems pointless to heat up all the fuel

That should work, I just wanted a y so I'd have more consistent fueling. I don't know how much fuel pressure difference there can be but if you run the rails in a series it seems like the first injector is going to have a higher fuel pressure than the last one in the series. I wanted to keep the series as short as possible so I fed each rail separately.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
That should work, I just wanted a y so I'd have more consistent fueling. I don't know how much fuel pressure difference there can be but if you run the rails in a series it seems like the first injector is going to have a higher fuel pressure than the last one in the series. I wanted to keep the series as short as possible so I fed each rail separately.

Thats actually a good point. I'll have to do some research. I guess it wouldn't be hard to run one line off the side of the regulator that goes to a Y block, then feed both of the rails from the rear with a cross over in the front

Users who are viewing this thread