Fuel system help

DTUB

BFTD
Established Member

I'm upgrading my Maruarder this winter to a 3.4 TS, forged S/B and need some help figuring out the fuel system for E-85. Looking to be around 700-750 tire and would like to stay returnless if possible.

Current mods are..

1 gt pump
-8 line to frps y-block
2 -6 lines into Aeromotive fuel rails
60lb inj.
40amp bap
Accufab s/b
SCT 3000

I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me :beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If you are looking to stay returnless then you will need at least 3 GT Pumps at mininum. Or better yet, go with 3 of these Aeromotive pumps just to be safe.

PRI 2010: Aeromotive’s 340 Stealth Fuel Pump - StangTV.com

The 340 Stealth is a high output, in tank electric pump that fits most of the popular late model EFI applications. Lightweight and compact, the unit bolts directly in to most exiting hanger assemblies. We talked with Jesse Powell, Director of Marketing at Aeromotive, and he explained, “The Aeromotive 340 has over 30% more flow than the Walbro 255 HP and is perfect for applications that demand more flow while keeping the existing stock configuration. In addition, this pump utilizes a turbine pump mechanism as opposed to a gerotor pump allowing the 340 to be used in pulse modulated applications and increases pump durability.”

You will also need to upgrade to either a Zone 5 MDM or 3 FPDM's, and switch the 60# injectors to 80#'s.

Not sure about the fuel hat in the tank but obviously this will have to be addressed as well.

GodStang

Established Member
If you are looking to stay returnless then you will need at least 3 GT Pumps at mininum. Or better yet, go with 3 of these Aeromotive pumps just to be safe.

PRI 2010: Aeromotive’s 340 Stealth Fuel Pump - StangTV.com

You will also need to upgrade to either a Zone 5 MDM or 3 FPDM's, and switch the 60# injectors to 80#'s.

Not sure about the fuel hat in the tank but obviously this will have to be addressed as well.

Or he could just run the setup I am selling. Zone 5 MDM with Fore Triple Hat with 3 GT pumps in it. Very nice clean setup.

DTUB

BFTD
Established Member
Will this work-

3- 340 pumps
3- drivers
3- -6 or -8 lines from pumps into fore 3to 1 y-block
-10 E-85 filter
-10 line to frps y-block
2 -6 to Aero fuel rails

Do I still need the BAP?
My setup is using the factory check valve at the pump, do I need to add two more for the other pumps or eliminate these as well.

I cant use a Mustang hat but I'm planning to sump the tank to get the pumps lower.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
That should work just fine. You will not need a BAP with that set up.

You can get rid of the check valve and don't need them any more.

2Marauders

FordNut was already taken
Established Member
Just got my tune redone. Making 751 rwhp. Fuel system is:

10 ga wire from battery to relay.
relay to 40A BAP, set wide open, boost switch shorted out (BAP always on)
upgraded FPDM
piggyback/dual wires from FPDM to fuel tank feed-thru
twin GT pumps
PPRV for each pump
bulkhead/feed-thru in hat for each pump
separate filter for each line
y-block after filters
1/2" hard line from y-block to engine compartment
AN fittings and braided hose from hardline to y-block then to CPR fuel rails
60 lb injectors

I'm maxed out but still returnless.

Users who are viewing this thread