Fuel System For 2.3 Whipple OR Buy 2.9?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The key on won't make enough amperage spike to kill a standard relay. While what you have is a good setup a standard auto relay will work just fine for one 465 each.

The FORE controller is neat and very pretty but not necessary. The only add ons I do from the regular kit is the stainless element filters and a fuel pressure gauge if they don't have one.

MG0h3

Established Member
https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...-allowing-oe-type-fuel-pump-actuation.825181/

The first post or two by malcolm is updated and is the correct way to wire it up. If you read the last post by me, you'll find an easy way to power both relays without extra splicing or connections if you go the two relay route.

I posted pictures of how I mounted the relays and reg in the what did you do for your terminator thread but I can probably dig them up if you want. Came out perfect and was very simple; all you need is some metal strapping from Home Depot or Lowes.

bigmoose

Established Member
The key on won't make enough amperage spike to kill a standard relay. While what you have is a good setup a standard auto relay will work just fine for one 465 each.

The FORE controller is neat and very pretty but not necessary. The only add ons I do from the regular kit is the stainless element filters and a fuel pressure gauge if they don't have one.
I wasn't saying he needed an 80a relay. I was highlighting the advantages of a post relay. With two 465s I wouldn't go smaller than 6ga wire from the battery. It's much easier to use the proper sized ring terminal then a female spade that are usually only made for 14ga.

MG0h3

Established Member
I used one of those single post battery lugs/junction points. Batt power runs there; then 14ga leaves there to the two relays.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've been happy with the 2.3 on my car for seven years now. I've been on E85 and 22psi for the majority of the time. I've had no desire to swap the blower. You have to ask yourself what is your budget, what are your goals for the car, how important is track times. To me, track times are not important at all, I just want a 700 wheel car to cruise around town once a week and let off some steam. For that purpose, this is more than enough. I can spin 18" 305/35 R888s thru 3 gears and wag the tail at will. Once you get much past 700 wheel....like a 2.9 whipple can accomplish, a whole lot more driveline parts can start breaking. I'm still on the original IRS, T56, etc. Thats great longevity for this fun level. Motor 15 yr original.

Good luck.

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I've been happy with the 2.3 on my car for seven years now. I've been on E85 and 22psi for the majority of the time. I've had no desire to swap the blower. You have to ask yourself what is your budget, what are your goals for the car, how important is track times. To me, track times are not important at all, I just want a 700 wheel car to cruise around town once a week and let off some steam. For that purpose, this is more than enough. I can spin 18" 305/35 R888s thru 3 gears and wag the tail at will. Once you get much past 700 wheel....like a 2.9 whipple can accomplish, a whole lot more driveline parts can start breaking. I'm still on the original IRS, T56, etc. Thats great longevity for this fun level. Motor 15 yr original.

Good luck.

Im on the same page. I’ve decided to go the fuel system route and save a couple thousand. 700 whp would be real nice! Good to know the trans is holding up at that power level too. I’m on a SRA so not too worried about that. I appreciate the response man

Users who are viewing this thread