Fuel System For 2.3 Whipple OR Buy 2.9?

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I’m currently running a 2.3 whipple on my 03 cobra and was wondering if I should go with a fuel system for E85 or save up more $$ and just go with a 2.9?? What are these 2.3 capable of with a nice healthy E85 tune? If I went 2.9 I would stay on 91 for awhile due to my wallet recovering from that purchase lol

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
You should be able to hit 700wheel with the 2.3 and E85, especially if you are down at sea level.

Def. go for the E85. If you want more later, worry about the blower then.

ID1050X, Fore Level 1E with the 465s is my suggestion.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Upgrade fuel system first for e85 and crank up the boost on that 2.3 whipple.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Either way I'd do fuel system for E85 first. Then you can crank up the 2.3 to hold you over until you get the 2.9.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

blownfox

Established Member
There are several members that can get you a good deal on fore fuel systems and injectors.

It seems like Whipples are always on sale and can be had for 10-20% off.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Upgrade fuel system first for e85 and crank up the boost on that 2.3 whipple.

This. Do the system now. I've run into a fuel system issue and I just wish I did it a long time ago when I had the blower off.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Stay with the 2.3 and upgrade the fuel system. Youll make enough power to blow the motor before you need a 2.9

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Ditch the 2.3 and go with the 2.9 if you plan on racing and not just doing dyno runs. The 2.3 is going to top out right at 700rwhp on the dyno and isn’t going to trap any better than 135 at full weight.

The best option is just saving up and doing both at the same time (one time getting tuned and just pull the blower once).

GodStang

Established Member
Of course 2.9L with E85 is the correct answer but since you asked which one I will give you my input.

I have run all different size blowers (6 different ones) and pulley combos over the years. The biggest difference I have ever seen on my combos from one to the next was when I switched over the E85.

On one setup I ran 100% 93 octane had the car tuned for it's best setup then dynoed. Then drained the tank while it sat on the dyno poured in E85 (measured E92). Swapped pulleys to a good combo and tuned and Dynoed. The boost and timing I was able to run on the same blower with the E85 my gains over 93 octane were huge.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
The 2.9 won't make much power on 91 than a 2.3 as you won't be able to spin it efficiently. I'd look into the new TVS gen 3's if you want to upgrade a blower that still works on pump.

If you decide to order fuel, make sure to talk to someone before you order your fuel system. Make sure to get PTFE lines, stainless filter and TI/Walbro 465's since they are e85 compatible. As said above several people on here are Fore dealers and carry ID injectors.

Malcom, 04sleeper and myself off the top of my head. If you have any questions feel free to bounce them off of me.

Zemedici

Established Member
As stated above

Fuel system now - you'll make more power

Bigger blower later if that still doesnt wet your whistle, with E85 she'll be a monster

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I appreciate everyone’s reply. I will be going with a fuel system that will be able to handle a 2.9 in the future. Having some fun with my 2.3 on E85 while saving for the 2.9 sounds like a bad ass plan. Thanks again guys

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
The 2.9 won't make much power on 91 than a 2.3 as you won't be able to spin it efficiently. I'd look into the new TVS gen 3's if you want to upgrade a blower that still works on pump.

If you decide to order fuel, make sure to talk to someone before you order your fuel system. Make sure to get PTFE lines, stainless filter and TI/Walbro 465's since they are e85 compatible. As said above several people on here are Fore dealers and carry ID injectors.

Malcom, 04sleeper and myself off the top of my head. If you have any questions feel free to bounce them off of me.

Thanks man, Malcolm messaged me and I’m currently talking fuel systems with him!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member

Has the gen 3 TVS been confirmed?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I apologize, I'm so used to doing coyote stuff recently. No, not for Cobra's but you could use the Cobra Engineering adapter plate to run the GT-500 one.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thanks man, Malcolm messaged me and I’m currently talking fuel systems with him!
I'm extremely happy with what he set me up with. I needed an extra 6' of hose to mount the reg in the fender if you go that route. If he suggests running two PICO brand relays instead of the FORE "controller" I'd do it. Saved me almost $300. I added some pictures in his "how to wire the relays for factory prime" (not sure if thats the exact title but it's in the Terminator archive how to section) for mounting ideas on the relays and regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread