Fuel question for a p1sc setup on an 01' Cobra

2001cobravert

Established Member
Yeah, I still have a stock bottom end. With the 4" pulley it made 390 rwhp on a conservative tune.

Thanks for the tip, I will ask him on Monday morning before he does anything. :beer:

2001cobravert

Established Member
Here's what it put down:
2011-11-30_18-35-31_330.jpg

What do you guys think?

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
Boost-a-pump is in!

Getting tuned mid-next week at performance evolution in Smyrna, De.

Wish me luck.

How was preformance evolution ? I'm putting my D1 on soon, just gotta get my fuel pump and bap.. But i'm still up in the air with who or where i'll be having it tuned.

2001cobravert

Established Member
How was preformance evolution ? I'm putting my D1 on soon, just gotta get my fuel pump and bap.. But i'm still up in the air with who or where i'll be having it tuned.

Matt is great!
He will work with you and make sure that you're completely satisfied. He explains everything he does.

By the way, this is not the tune I use daily. Just for track use.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
390 HP is pretty conservative on that motor. It's capable of handling 450-500 with no problems. 10 lbs of boost on an otherwise stock motor should put you somewhere between 460-500 HP.

When I put my p1sc kit on my stock motor, it made 462 whp with the procharger supplied tune.

With the 10.3:1 aviator longblock running 8 psi of boost, it made over 515 HP, but most importantly, it made as much as 100 more HP between 3000 and 4000 rpm, most likely due to the 03-04 heads and cams.

Right now it's tuned down to 425 HP at the peak by adding fuel and timing, while keeping a more aggressive tune in the lower RPM range so it makes just as much low and mid range power.

If you are going balls to the wall to see how much power you can make, you should be dissapointed with anything less than 450. If you are purposefully tuning it conservatively, then I'd say, good job. Perhaps you were leaking boost somewhere in the system. Did you watch the boost gauge as you do the dyno pull. On one of my first dyno pulls with my new motor, I noticed that I'll is leaking boost somewhere in the system and it was only making 414 hp. I pulled apart apart the mass air flow meter, and noticed that a gasket was blown out between the lightning MAF and the tubing adapter that bolts up to it.

I'm just saying, I think your car should be making more power, and I think it might be leaking boost. If you have a LMAF, I would pull it apart and make absolutely sure there's no air leaking from the tubing adapter.

Good luck buddy!

2001cobravert

Established Member
390 HP is pretty conservative on that motor. It's capable of handling 450-500 with no problems. 10 lbs of boost on an otherwise stock motor should put you somewhere between 460-500 HP.

When I put my p1sc kit on my stock motor, it made 462 whp with the procharger supplied tune.

With the 10.3:1 aviator longblock running 8 psi of boost, it made over 515 HP, but most importantly, it made as much as 100 more HP between 3000 and 4000 rpm, most likely due to the 03-04 heads and cams.

Right now it's tuned down to 425 HP at the peak by adding fuel and timing, while keeping a more aggressive tune in the lower RPM range so it makes just as much low and mid range power.

If you are going balls to the wall to see how much power you can make, you should be dissapointed with anything less than 450. If you are purposefully tuning it conservatively, then I'd say, good job. Perhaps you were leaking boost somewhere in the system. Did you watch the boost gauge as you do the dyno pull. On one of my first dyno pulls with my new motor, I noticed that I'll is leaking boost somewhere in the system and it was only making 414 hp. I pulled apart apart the mass air flow meter, and noticed that a gasket was blown out between the lightning MAF and the tubing adapter that bolts up to it.

I'm just saying, I think your car should be making more power, and I think it might be leaking boost. If you have a LMAF, I would pull it apart and make absolutely sure there's no air leaking from the tubing adapter.

Good luck buddy!

Iirc my car made less than 7psi with the 4" pulley which is why I went with the 3.6". I'm running a Pro-M maf and Matt said he went through the entire system twice. He found no leaks. Yeah, it was very conservative.
All in all I'm happy with everything.

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
With 7psi, that sounds in the ballpark. Even with 7psi, you can pop your motor easier if you run a hot tune, compared to 10psi with a conservative tune.

With around 400 whp, I'd be confident I could get on it and not break anything.

You still using the stock plastic procharger inlet tube? That's a big restriction.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I'm down to just having to get my fuel pump setup, new belt and boost gauge..I'm gonna do 39lb cobra injectors, a 340lph in tank pump, MAFia, I have 4.00 & 4.15 pulleys whichever runs me 8-10psi on my D1SC is what i'll be using lol.

ncpower08

Established Member
I got my p1sc a few years ago. I love the thing (now) but I had so many fuel problems when I first put it on. I told the guy what I what I was setting it up with and all the mods i was making. He said O YEA you need our upgraded pump if you have all that. Like a dumbass I got it out of fear. After the build I was driving home and the motor shut down and my air fuel started to freak out. Longer story short I went to a GT500 pump and it fixed the problem. I guess all I wanted to say is make sure your motor is getting enough fuel. I don't know if the stock pump will hold and I don't think 42lb injectors will cut it. Just don't want you to be on the side of the road like I was pissed as hell.

2001cobravert

Established Member
With 7psi, that sounds in the ballpark. Even with 7psi, you can pop your motor easier if you run a hot tune, compared to 10psi with a conservative tune.

With around 400 whp, I'd be confident I could get on it and not break anything.

You still using the stock plastic procharger inlet tube? That's a big restriction.

Agreed.
I am running an Anderson powerpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread