Fuel Pumps: Ford GT vs Focus vs Cobra vs Walbro 255HP

tmsoko

Established Member
Does anyone have a pressure / flow chart or any specs at all to compare the Ford GT, Cobra, Focus, and possible Walbro high output 255 fuel pumps? I currently have a Walbro and trying to decide if I add another, upgrade to a pair of the factory Ford pumps everyone is talking about, or just put an external Aeromotove or SX pump in.

My engine is a 351W with AFR205 heads, custom headers, and a 2.4L Autorotor supercharger with custom adapted '03 cobra water intercooler system. Shooting for 600+ Flywheel (since I am running a stock block). Down the road will be Dart block and max out the 2.4L boost.

I just can't find any real detail on these pumps other than "you should upgrade to Focus SVT or Ford GT pumps". I need to know what they flow to choose best fit for my app.

Thanks!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
**Edit: Not realy sure what happened to this post, but I was just referencing some amterial found on the KB website which did a pretty thorough comparison of dfferent pump setups. In a nutshell, the stock pumps with a BAP outflowed all other pumps with the exception of the GT pumps.

Last edited:

tmsoko

Established Member
Note sure what IronTerp is saying!

Anyhow, I used the chart I found on Mod Fords and converted / added Aeromotive and SX fuel pump detail to the list. The Dual GT pumps blow even the Aeromotive Pro-Series pump out of the water (by ~25%) and that pump is rated at "1400HP" for supercharged apps.

Am I missing something or is the switch to Dual GT pumps massive overkill? Just seems like a whole lot of fuel would be making the trip around the fuel system and picking up alot of excess heat!

TEABG

Banned
tmsoko said:
Does anyone have a pressure / flow chart or any specs at all to compare the Ford GT, Cobra, Focus, and possible Walbro high output 255 fuel pumps? I currently have a Walbro and trying to decide if I add another, upgrade to a pair of the factory Ford pumps everyone is talking about, or just put an external Aeromotove or SX pump in.

My engine is a 351W with AFR205 heads, custom headers, and a 2.4L Autorotor supercharger with custom adapted '03 cobra water intercooler system. Shooting for 600+ Flywheel (since I am running a stock block). Down the road will be Dart block and max out the 2.4L boost.

I just can't find any real detail on these pumps other than "you should upgrade to Focus SVT or Ford GT pumps". I need to know what they flow to choose best fit for my app.

Thanks!

Ford GT pumps are Walbro FYI. $143 for X2 pumps!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
**Edit: Not realy sure what happened to this post, but I was just referencing some amterial found on the KB website which did a pretty thorough comparison of dfferent pump setups. In a nutshell, the stock pumps with a BAP outflowed all other pumps with the exception of the GT pumps.

How is that so Terp? twin Aviator and Focus pumps with a BAP will support more HP than stock twins with BAP?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Ford GT pumps are Walbro FYI. $143 for X2 pumps!

This is misleading Walbro makes an assortment of pumps for Mustangs of all years:shrug:
The traditional Walbro 255's aren't designed for returnless fuel systems they'll burn up!

Last edited:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
To the last 3 posts. . . you do realize that this thread is from 9-11-2006. Like 5 years ago!?! The OP probably isn't watching this thread anymore. lol

Users who are viewing this thread