Fuel Pump wiring Diagram

lowblack04

Established Member
I’m tryin to figure out if I am needing to replace the fuel pumps, fpdm, or something else. I was just gonna put 12v to the pump to see if it runs but I can’t seem to find a wiring diagram with the same colors. Any help would be appreciated.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I’m tryin to figure out if I am needing to replace the fuel pumps, fpdm, or something else. I was just gonna put 12v to the pump to see if it runs but I can’t seem to find a wiring diagram with the same colors. Any help would be appreciated.
i went through this last year and have lots of notes, i will see what i can find and post them up. some guys on here are able to upload the wiring diagrams, but i only have paper copies to look at. but if you look at my post about my terminator fuel issue there might be some info in there for you right away

hotcobra03

Established Member

SVT Documents

Here is page with our manual

Pc version is best

Small book works on a cell and has basic wiring in color

Connection on back bumper you can wire 12v directly to pump

lowblack04

Established Member
Th
SVT Documents

Here is page with our manual

Pc version is best

Small book works on a cell and has basic wiring in color

Connection on back bumper you can wire 12v directly to pump
I appreciate the reply. I ran across a post that said to go from the fpdm jump pins 2&3 to ground turn on the key and jump pins 9&10 and the pump should turn on. I did that and got nothing. Had 12.3 volts between 9&10 on the voltmeter. I’ll look at the diagrams and see how to jump it under the rear directly to the pump to eliminate any other variables.

lowblack04

Established Member
Tha
i went through this last year and have lots of notes, i will see what i can find and post them up. some guys on here are able to upload the wiring diagrams, but i only have paper copies to look at. but if you look at my post about my terminator fuel issue there might be some info in there for you right away

Thanks. I inherited this car from my older brother back in 2010 after he was killed in a car wreck. He was an avid SVT guy. He had a 98 Cobra, 95 Lightning, 2001 Lightning, and this 2004 Cobra. Everything was fine until Hurricane Harvey came through, I had to leave my house, but before I left I jacked the car about 3 ft off the ground with jack stands and 4x4s. The car only had water on the very bottom of the wheels. Anyway after the flood the car had to sit outside under a car cover for a while because the garage was full of construction stuff from the flood. Had a big freeze that year and had only water in the intercooler res. The intercooler cracked Has to replace that and get water from everywhere. Just got the motors all back together and bam no fuel ‍♂️ Car only has 10500 ish miles on it.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Over the years I’ve posted pics of the connectors with pin layout from the main manual

Sites have changed like photobucket and adobe reader a lot has been lost or not able to open.

Chilltons library link keeps getting blocked. But when usable is the full manual with connections pictures and pin out

You can unhook fuel filter and add a hose there to drain into a can

I had used hose to can but from engine compartment just behind passenger head. Old school white pull connection tab.

Users who are viewing this thread