Fuel pump ignition hot wire???

aaronj

Established Member
Curious if there are any wiring gurus that might know why the green/yellow wire that runs from the ccrm to the fpdm goes from one 14ga to 2x 12ga back to one 14ga? My fpdm is long gone so im adding an on/off switch so i can turn my fuel pumps off while the ignition is hot.

Image1636827050.464521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i find this stuff interesting but i'm not an electrical engineer, so i wouldn't be able to tell you exactly why ford spliced this additional 12ga wire into the circuit. my guess is a redunancy and lower resistance for the large cobra fuel pumps.

but looking at the 03 factory wiring diagrams i can tell you that it is specific to cobra only, and the two splices are up near the ccrm in underhood harness 12A581 and back in the trunk in body harness 14A005 near unrelated connector C405. these two harnesses are connected at c1047 (a two wire connector) which is down in the passenger footwell.

so it does sound like it might make it easy for what you want to do, if you were to wire your cutoff switch right at connection c1047. best of luck with it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. I ended up tapping into the harness where it crosses the trans tunnel. Put the switch in the center console. View attachment 1727760

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nice. this is why I mounted the fuses on my Lethal harness inside the trunk liner - not as convenient as this but I can still just reach and pop the fuses out

Users who are viewing this thread