Fuel pump and Fuel Hat?

03ZincSnke30

Established Member
Ok, now that Ive decided to go with the 2.3 whipple and run 17-19lbs I am lost on my fuel mods.... Im not sure what a fuel hat has to do with anything fuel is not my thing do not know much about it at all so any information would be great...

I am thinking all I need is 80lb flowmatched injectors and 40amp KB boost-a-pump but others are just saying go with Ford GT pumps instead can anyone help please im on a 4500-4700 budget for all ...

SVT GI

Established Member
You don't need 80's, 60lb injectors will work fine. A BAP will work at your boost level but if you plan on making more boost go the dual GT pumps and dual FPDM or modified FPDM. Also include the upgraded wiring kit for the FPDM. You can get away with stock fuel rails and line too.

If you go the dual GT pumps route you need to either modify your stock fuel hat (for extra set of wires) or buy a Fore hat.

03ZincSnke30

Established Member
Ok so if Im sticking with 600tq I should be fine or maybe just a little more I should be ok and the reason im going 80`s is because the tuner said they are much easier and better drivability in his opinion???

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ok so if Im sticking with 600tq I should be fine or maybe just a little more I should be ok and the reason im going 80`s is because the tuner said they are much easier and better drivability in his opinion???
The 80's will be fine and drive like stock. They will also leave you with more headroom down the road if you ever want to turn it up or run E85.

The injector value files are built in to the SCT software for both 60's and 80's so they are both equally easy to tune.

I would personally go 80's if you haven't purchased any injectors yet.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I'd recommend getting a Fore fuel hat, dual GT pumps, and a dual FDM setup. Also, get the wiring upgrade from the fusebox to the harness...:beer:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Fore hat modified fpdm, 60lb injectors and twin gt pumps is what I had very easy to do and it works great!!

Users who are viewing this thread