Fuel out of exhaust manifolds, Need some help!

powershifter

Established Member
Hello I have a 2002 Mustang gt with a 4v swap, it has dual ford gt pumps, dual fpdm, stock fuel lines and fuel rails, I'm using a 2001 cobra intake manifold since the car is turbo. I finally got it running a few days ago, took it for a ride around the block and the car was running just fine. After having some problems with the starter not turning the engine I had to have the car towed home. That's when I started having the fuel problems.

After getting the starter problem fixed, got the engine to finally turn but It just tries to start and dies right away, I did that a few times then I noticed a really strong gasoline smell. I am getting a bunch of fuel out of the exhaust manifolds into the hot side turbo piping. I pulled the plugs and they all had fuel on them. I pulled the vacuum line from the fuel rail pressure sensor that goes to the intake manifold and fuel is leaking from the sensor into the intake manifold.

Any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

Additional info: After cranking the engine a few times I looked at the driver's side exhaust manifold and it seems like a lot of fuel is coming out of cylinder #8 , I used a different injector on that cylinder to see if that changed where the fuel is coming from and I got the same result.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread