Fuel mileage

digital911

Established Member
I recently converted my car from mostly factory setup + 2.8 upper pulley + 93 octane tune, CAI, X pipe and magnaflow exhaust and was getting around 18-20 mpg.

Now I changed to a TVS 2.3 w/ GT500 TB w/ return fuel system, 60# injectors, JLT high boost CAI, offroad H pipe and Borla ATAKs w/ new 93 octane tune and now I get around 10-14 mpg depending if I granny it around or get into it.

10mpg seems awfully low, just wondering if I have something binding up my car or is that about right for my setup?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Mileage is about right depending on how you drive it. There are so many variables including how accurate is your odometer? stock tires & gears? I set mine accurately in the tune while driving with a GPS to verify speed.

I used to get around 10 ~ 12 on pump gas back in the day. E85 is more like 8 ~ 9 sometimes only 6 ~ 7. No I have no idea what it would be driving nicely or just cruising on the highway.

Such low mileage and small gas tanks makes it challenging especially when on E85 and have very limited pumps you can fill up at. I always feel like my car is on a tether and I have to pay attention to where I'm going and where I can fill up.

digital911

Established Member
Mileage is about right depending on how you drive it. There are so many variables including how accurate is your odometer? stock tires & gears? I set mine accurately in the tune while driving with a GPS to verify speed.

I used to get around 10 ~ 12 on pump gas back in the day. E85 is more like 8 ~ 9 sometimes only 6 ~ 7. No I have no idea what it would be driving nicely or just cruising on the highway.

Such low mileage and small gas tanks makes it challenging especially when on E85 and have very limited pumps you can fill up at. I always feel like my car is on a tether and I have to pay attention to where I'm going and where I can fill up.
Yes it's stock gears and tires.
I wish we had e85!
My setup is e85 ready.
I'm sure I could hit 700+ on e85

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

bssmith1220

Established Member
I've never calculated mine but it seems pretty bad. I can take what seems like a short drive and almost watch the needle go down!

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Mine gets 15mpg average. So to make up for it, I bought my wife a 2015 Fusion Hybrid (ave since new is 41.1mpg). So on average, I'm not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread