Fuel injector removal?

SLOWNED

Established Member
Does anyone have a how to for removing the fuel injectors on a 1997 cobra? I was looking at my Haynes manual but it's extremely vague.

svtcobralover

Established Member
Its pretty self forward. Just tak your time removing the fuelrails and disconnect the harnesses and whallhaa!

crazycarlo

Established Member
it will be alot easier if u remove the upper manifold. Then u just take the bolts out and pull the fuel rails up then just pull the injectors up.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Yeah, just pull off the upper lid and pull runners out, undo the screws on the rails...there are 4 or 6 I think and then pull out the fuel rails with the injectors attached. I'm by no means wrench saavy, however, I can do it myself in about an hour. Just be real sure not to drop any screws down in the lower and keep track of your hardware...no fuss

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
d you just want to disconnect the injectors or the entire rail assembly, if so you need a fuel disconnect tool

SLOWNED

Established Member
Im going to ship my injectors out to get rebuilt. I was going to attempt removing them this afternoon but it looked a lot more complicated than the haynes manual laid it out. If its as straight forward as you all say, ill definitely be tackling this tomorrow afternoon. Will i need new upper intake manifold gaskets? Or can i reuse them?

crazycarlo

Established Member
no the gasket is plastic and reuseable as long as the rubber piece in the plastic gasket is in good condition. All u have to do is undo the rail screws after the upper lid is off and pull the rails up The injectors just pop into the rail and head u will be able to pull them out.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Im going to ship my injectors out to get rebuilt. I was going to attempt removing them this afternoon but it looked a lot more complicated than the haynes manual laid it out. If its as straight forward as you all say, ill definitely be tackling this tomorrow afternoon. Will i need new upper intake manifold gaskets? Or can i reuse them?

You can reuse the gaskets.

Why are you getting them rebuilt?

Last edited:

SLOWNED

Established Member
My number 8 injector is leaking into the combustion chamber. The plug is constantly fouled. I replaced the entire ignition system and now im down the injectors.

SLOWNED

Established Member
replace the #8 injector.

I have 42# injectors for a supercharged application. I would replace just one injector if they were stock, but i cant find a single 42 injector for under 40 bucks. To rebuild all 8 is only going to cost me about 120 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread