Fuel Cleaning IV

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Had a fuel system cleaning IV (intervenous) done to my 2006 GT today after hitting 32,000 miles. I was skeptical as to the worth of getting one of these done but I have to say I noticed a tremendous difference in the throtle response and overall engine smoothness .

First the technician cleans out the throttle body. Then a bottle of fuel cleaner in put in the gas tank. Then using an intervenous line the tech feeds a continous stream of fuel system cleaning agent into the vacuum line that provides vacuum for the braking.

All this gets sucked in and circulates through the entire fuel system. Takes about 15 minutes for the entire fuel cleaning agent to empty out from the bottle they hang from the hood.

After it is all in and circulating they have you step up the RPMS between 2500 to 3000 for about a minute. The liquid gets ejected out the back of the exhaust tips.

After restarting the engine it will throw a "too lean" condition code until all the cleaning agents makes its way out the exhaust. I cleared the car using my programmer.

After I left the place I throttled a couple of times and I couldn't believe the pick-up now. No more sluggish response by the wire when going WOT. I will be doing this at least once every 30,000 miles. Made a world of difference.

The entire procedure takes about 30 minutes and costs $50 to do.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Cleaner running out the tail pipes? You know that washes down the cylinder walls, you now need to change your oil.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
MattP 343 said:
Sorta like SEAFOAM?

Yea, I would liken it exactly to Sea Foam with some differences as to what extent the product is applied (i.e. crankcase v. no crankcase oil additive).

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
DaleM said:
Water out of the tail pipes like normal?

Part of the cleaning process is pushing it all out the tail pipes in order to get fully circulated and out.

From what I read the cleaning systems that use water are the free standing systems that the car gets hooked up to and circulated.

The ones sold over the counter like the one I used I think by the smell have some kind of alcohol base to them. Maybe someone can speak more to the ingredients of Sea Foam or the 3-point Valvoline Cleaning pack.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Kilgore Trout said:
Sounds exactly like using SeaFoam to me which I do myself for $6.

Now that I have seen this done at least once and know it works, I will now be more comfortable doing it myself to save the money.

Users who are viewing this thread