Fuel - 93 Octane e10 vs 90 octane no-eth

Jack Burton

Established Member
I have a gas station down the street that carries 93 octane with the typical 10% or less ethanol, but they also carry 90 octane fuel with no ethanol. Was wondering which one would be better to run in my cobra. My only mods are mac o/r h, and flowmaster c/b. I like the benefits of no ethanol, but I wasn't sure if the 3 fewer octane points would be a big factor.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
i personally wouldnt run anything less than 91 octane in my car. whether it has ethanol in it or not. a lot of it depends on your tune as well. since you have the stock tune, you'd prob be fine running the 90octane....however, i still wouldnt do it. im pretty sure even the stock tune commands a minimum of 91octane.

Jack Burton

Established Member
i personally wouldnt run anything less than 91 octane in my car. whether it has ethanol in it or not. a lot of it depends on your tune as well. since you have the stock tune, you'd prob be fine running the 90octane....however, i still wouldnt do it. im pretty sure even the stock tune commands a minimum of 91octane.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well and why I haven't tried the 90 octane non ethanol in the car.

Users who are viewing this thread