FTBR Front Brembo Review

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
No prob!

Now my real question for you is how do you think this caliper stacks up against the ever so popular (and cheaper) Baer caliper.

Of course where excluding the weight savings on your rotors

I like Brembo products a LOT! I don't particularly care for their customer service or their replacement parts prices, but I DO like their products.

What I don't like about Baer is their 'special' offset rotors you have to buy from them and they are expensive. They hook you with the lower caliper pricing then make it up on the rotors. Because they are less popular than Brembo, you'll pay more for replacement pads and have a much smaller selection of pad compounds as well.

I do not have any personal experience with Baer but those are my observations from seeing what other people have gone through with them.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
i'm having a hard time understanding why these are so expensive

You have to pay to play bro. And compared to other cars ( alttle more high end like Porsche, Vette,GTR's etc) our parts/mods are cheap!

Bruce is a true enthusiasts, and to my knowledge has yet to steer us wrong. His bushings are top notch and customer support even better! I would pick his kit over any of the other just because of those two reasons.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Any word on the release date or final pricing? I was banking on late May!

Well the machine shop ran into a slight snag in the production run of the hats. That's the bad news. The good news is the hats are all machined and they went to the plater on Thursday of last week. We hope to have everything in house by Wednesday of this week.

Shoot me a PM on Wednesday and we can get the ball rolling for you. I will be at the track shaking down my Blue Mach II on Mon-Tues of this week so I won't be able to do much in the office. James is also coming with me to the track as well.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
We finally have the hats in now for these kits which was the missing link. Watch for a post explaining the entire kit very soon.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Hey Bruce, I have the VV kit. I do like it and it was excellent on a recent HPDE event I attended. I realize what you are saying about the the taller GT 500 rotor adding extra mass. Not arguing that in the least. Questions is, is there a pro to having a little bit bigger rotor for heat and strength? Just curious.

Your kit looks BA! Trying to justify finding a way to sell my new VV kit and buying yours. I like the idea of weight savings, but that would be a 1,500 swing easy. Not sure if it would be worth it. I wish you would make a kick ass light weight rotor for mine. BTW, just from a looks stand point, the mono block is a great looking caliper. I would think at some point it would be easier to rebuild too.

On a side note, I would love to upgrade to the 13" rear kit you sell.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey Bruce, I have the VV kit. I do like it and it was excellent on a recent HPDE event I attended. I realize what you are saying about the the taller GT 500 rotor adding extra mass. Not arguing that in the least. Questions is, is there a pro to having a little bit bigger rotor for heat and strength? Just curious.

The single upside to the VV 14" is the cost, that's pretty much it. You could probably run a Mustang on a road course almost without front brake cooling there is so much mass in those 25# rotors. Of course the car will accelerate slower because of the additional rotating mass and turn-ins will be more difficult.

Your kit looks BA! Trying to justify finding a way to sell my new VV kit and buying yours. I like the idea of weight savings, but that would be a 1,500 swing easy. Not sure if it would be worth it.

Our kit with the road race rotor option is $2,300.00. Where are you finding the VV kit for $800.00?

I wish you would make a kick ass light weight rotor for mine.

We make a 2 pc road race rotor that weighs 1.44# less than the GT 500 rotor. It has a slightly thinner air gap and thicker braking faces so it actually has more mass on the braking surface than the GT 500 rotor. It's our part number FT 9108HD and specs for it can be found on our brake info page:

S-197 Brakes

We also have a slightly lighter 2pc 'floating' road race rotor assembly and that is part number FT 9120HD but that is a slightly more pricey rotor set.

We also have a street/strip version which is FT 9120 and a lightweight drag race version FT 9120 LW which is almost 8# lighter than the GT 500 rotor but that cannot be used for road racing unfortunately.

All of those rotors are listed on our order page:

FTBR Order Page

On a side note, I would love to upgrade to the 13" rear kit you sell.

I developed our 13" rear conversion kit after I put the 14" Brembo Gran Turismo kit on my 2000 Cobra R. The rear brakes simply were not doing anything after the front brake upgrade. Upping the leverage on the rear brakes from 11.66" to 13" was just what the doctor ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread