Ft Worth area good place to live?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Due to a job situation, its possible I might relocate to Ft Worth. I'm pretty easy to please for the most part but I'm not sure how I'd like this area and was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback. I'd be looking to live in the suburbs and it seems fairly affordable for what you get lot size etc. The office I'd be working at is about 10 miles north of FtW so I'm thinking traffic shouldn't be too bad going to and from work? And its close enough I could go into the city or Dallas if I wanted. Anybody live there now or in the past and what were your impressions?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MackDombles

Established Member
Ive was born and lived in the DFW area for an number of years in the past. I can say the weather is way too hot for me in the summer. Everything is dead and dry and the ground cracks open. Small children get lost the cracks are so big....
Seriously though, the people are pretty nice compared to other larger cities,the taxes arent horrible, and the cost of living is damn reasonable.
Just too damned hot.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol

Can't keep it all to yourselves boys!

California's finest are heading your way by the thousands.

Last edited:

choate

Established Member
Nah Texas is a shit state I advise everyone to stay away.
Pretty big state. I find it hard to take your comment with any salt if you are talking the whole state. Can you elaborate? I'm in Missouri now 50 miles from stl city. Not like I'm living in my dream world. I realize summers are very brutal and there are no palm trees but what else....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I grew up in the Katy area just at the outskirts of Houston. Lived in ATX for 9 years, but been back in NW Housto area for a few years, just outside city limits thank god. I have been to the DFW area quite a bit as we have family there, it's all generally pretty nice. Traffic will probably suck no matter where you move, it seems road construction projects are eternal in big Texas Cities. I am sure the heat you are used to since you are from Missouri. I will take the punishing Texas heat over a cold ass winter any day. Barely gets cold enough to bother with a jacket here, though it does get a little bit colder in N. Texas.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Probably moving there myself, we've been looking in the Midlothian/Waxahachie area since if things go well I'll be working in Grand Prarie.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I love Arizona and am REALLY thankful I got out of California. But Ive always though about a visit to Texas to check out San Antonio. Looks like a mix of everything I like in a place to live and it has RAIN, THUNDER AND LIGHTNING. :D

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
I lived in north Garland near Firewheel and west Plano for a few years but those are more North of Dallas. Around Ft Worth, look in the area to the NW or out in Weatherford. Longer commute but great area.

TxCobra76

Established Member
I'm in East Texas and everyone is right ...it's hot! But the people are awesome and plenty of stuff to do. North DFW is the area to shoot for for sure. Good luck bud.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

choate

Established Member
I'm in East Texas and everyone is right ...it's hot! But the people are awesome and plenty of stuff to do. North DFW is the area to shoot for for sure. Good luck bud.
Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Thanks man. That's actually where the office is located. It's about 10 miles north of FW. I'm not certain on all this happening yet but I've been looking at homes around there and it seems decent too. Here you get a tiny lot for 200k. Seems I might be able to get more there. I'm single and live alone so I don't need more than 2 bedrooms right now really but would like a decent fenced in yard and definitely at least a 2 car garage. I spent a lot of time looking around and reading about it and I think I'd like it. Just not sure which area I'd like to live in yet. I'm not doing any kind of a 2 hour commute though I can tell you that. That would be a nightmare but I'm not a city living person either. I'm sure a realtor could help me if this all goes down. Kind of getting excited about it now actually.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks man. That's actually where the office is located. It's about 10 miles north of FW. I'm not certain on all this happening yet but I've been looking at homes around there and it seems decent too. Here you get a tiny lot for 200k. Seems I might be able to get more there. I'm single and live alone so I don't need more than 2 bedrooms right now really but would like a decent fenced in yard and definitely at least a 2 car garage. I spent a lot of time looking around and reading about it and I think I'd like it. Just not sure which area I'd like to live in yet. I'm not doing any kind of a 2 hour commute though I can tell you that. That would be a nightmare but I'm not a city living person either. I'm sure a realtor could help me if this all goes down. Kind of getting excited about it now actually.
Just remember that buying a house location is the most important thing. Good school district/schools etc. it's easy to lose sight of that as a single guy. But it is imperative for future selling/renting of the property.

Users who are viewing this thread