FS: TT 04 Cobra

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
Im tired of working on my mustangs. Gonna try and sell them or ill part them out. I have an 04 cobra has less than 6000 miles BlK with Dark Charcoal Inserts, Its been thru many changes over the years. I have way too much time and money invested into this car. Im not looking for trades. Except maybe cash and a super low mile stock cobra that I could turn around and sell. $37000

I also have a Coupe project. Basically it’s a cobra coupe, Its a 93 coupe BLK on BLK with a NEW Houston Performance 302 mod motor, ported 04 4valve heads, custom ground cams, kb 2.8, Six speed tranny, IRS level 5 axels, full tilt boogie bushings, MM everything in the front, Front of car has been modified for a Nascar radiator C&R vistion with oil cooler built in. And much more stuff. pm about it

04 cobra
Engine:
I have a teksid block with a Modmax BILLET stroker kit
Al Pappito has done all the machine work , balancing as well as the shortblock assembly.
Billet crankshaft, billet rods, 22cc custom CP pistons, ARP main studs.
The cubic inch is 306. Capable of well over 1000 hp. The stoker kit alone sold for $3,900
Bart Tobener Assembled it to long block status
Ford super car GT heads, lifters, springs, valves (Inconell exhaust valves) just like on the super car.
Commetic head gaskets
Arp head studs
Comp Cams Turbo grinds
ATI Balancer
ArpBalancer bolt
Melling oil pump
Canton windage tray
Canton Oil pan
Logans Custom Sheetmetal intake for GT heads on 4.6 based block
Accufab oval TB

Custom Turbo Kit which is all stainless
Custom 6 core intercooler
Turbosmart BOV’s
Turbosmart 44mm Wastegates
2 ½ stainless cold piping to custom intake pipe with HPX meter
1 5/8 stainless turbo headers
4” intake pipes to turbos with SB filters
Precision 6262’s with .82 vband mount
PTP turbo blankets
3” DP’s
Dual 3” all the way Magnaflow mufflers

Cooling:
Fluidyne custom radiator sits farther forward
Evans Water inlet
Evans NPG+ Fluid
Evans Remote thermostat
Stock 04 cobra fan
Nascar remoter oil filter mount uses power stroke filter
Large tranny cooler
Large Engine Oil Cooler
Powersteering cooler
All oil hoses are covered in fire sleeve in engine bay

Tranny:
Ford AOD
JW bell
Precision industries converter
1 piece input
Ford Aod wideratio kit ,mech diodes, wide aod band etc
Art Car manual V/B with brake
BM deep pan
BM hammer ratchet Shifter.

RearEnd:
93 rear with welded tubes
31spline Moser Fox length axles
Detroit true trac
3.08 gear
FMS Girdle
Metco Adj Upper
Metco Lower
FMS Aluminum Drive shaft

Suspension;
AJE K Member
AJE A arms
MM CC plates
MM Bilstein Sport Dampners
MM front Coilover
MM Bilstein rear sport dampners
MM rear Coilover
Long wheel studs front back
Wild Rides 2” Drop spindles
Full length sub frame connectors

Brakes:
ABS delete
Venom Technologies
F14 brembos monoblock caliper solid rotors 1800
R14 rear brake kit 400

Wheels:
True Forged Sleeper Chrome
18x9.5 front new toyo proxes 275/35 18
18x12 rear 335 30 18 toyo r888

Fuel :

BBRC 18 gallon custom tank
Weldon 2025
Weldon Regulator
Weldon Filters
-10 supply -8 return
Aeromotive Rails
FMS 80# injectors

Exterior:
HO fibertrends hood
Bullit Side scoops
Tinted Tails
35%tint
Cobra Medillion front

Interior:
Custom quad pillar pod
Eboost 2 with 2 solenoids for twins
Autometer fuel press
Autometer egt
Autometer tranny temp

I don’t remember what the car dyno’d at exactly. Was a while ago. It was 700’s thru the non lockup AOD at like 20 psi. Car had a 3.55 gear in it at the time and traction on the dyno was limited. Is a beast on the street.
Im sure im forgetting something pm with questions.

Last edited:

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
IMAG0784_zpsd0de5109.gif

IMAG0532_zpsdb997cef.jpg

IMAG0426_zps245e9aa4.jpg

IMAG0554_zps268a71a0.jpg

IMAG0553_zpse88db6b0.jpg

COBRA027.jpg

God damn photobucket is acting a fool right now these will have to do.

Last edited:

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
Thanks guys. I need to get some photos of the underside of the car thats where the work is. Maybe i can get it on a lift tomorrow.

I had a PM asking if there was anything wrong with the car, It seemed as though maybe was something wrong with it as i was tired of working on it. And I felt instead of replying back to him directly I should touch on this openly.

I work roughly 60-70 hrs a week. I am a farmer and I use to work all day long and come home and work for hours on end on a car. Now I find it hard not to just go home and relax. I have many other projects... car and non car related I need to finish up and Ive decided to quit messing with my mustangs.

Upon first putting the car together. I had the normal... this isnt right...I should remake it like this instead problems. I Now feel I have the quirks sorted.

Is there anything wrong with this car. As it is currently... im not aware of anything. Thats not saying it wouldnt shit the bed next time i drive it. The tune in it was done on the street. I couldnt ever get traction on the dyno. I live in the country and I feel tuning under actual load is the best. So thats the way it was done. Anyone seriously interested in the car can call and I will be happy to discus any concerns I have with the car and over all history of the car.

This car is Stupid Fast

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
Its so fast they cant look forward...

Came that way.

Big and little pic with a 325/50 15 on a 12 wide wheel. Tucking :crappy cell phone pics:

IMAG0261_zps662e5ced.jpg

IMAG0262_zps211d008d.gif

Last edited:

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
It will only fit with GT heads on a 4.6 and an AJE k member. Thats not saying You cant modify it but i designed it around thoes things. Its kinda like the intake will only fit the gt heads on a 4.6 block. Also the kit would be sold with cold side as well and 3inch all the way to the tail pipes.

YelOSnake

LEAVE IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE
Established Member
I would want the complete setup, hot side cold side, everything. What are fitment differences with the GT heads? Never seen AJE k member as well

carolinacat

...LOST
Established Member
the gt heads out flow ported 03/04 heads out of the box. And the exhaust flanges are different from regular 4v.

Guys Ive had alot more intrest in my 93 coupe than i though i would. It is not complete. It is coverend in dust currently as im in the process of moving into a different shop. I dont have any current pics of it. It will not be cheap for it. It has 75k orginal miles blk/blk coupe. ive owned since 1996. It has maximum motorsports everything suspension k member, full tilt boogie upgraded irs ,with level 5,s , BBRC fuel tank, built 03 cobra motor, ported heads, custom cams, 1 7/8 kooks headers, oh yea 2.8 KB. I havent set a price really... less than 20k but more than 15k range is what im thinking. So if your still interested pm away and be patient for pics

Users who are viewing this thread