FS Steeda Tri-AX for 10-14 GT500

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
I am selling my Steeda Tri-Ax shifter out of my 2012 GT500. The shifter has about 15k miles on it. Asking $250.00 shipped to lower 48 (OBO). Please PM me with any questions. I'm selling it because I got a MGW Gen2 GT500 shifter as a gift and don't need it anymore. I cut 3/10th's off my quarter mile ET due to the car going into second without any grind with this shifter.

Link to product page below:

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-shelby-gt500-mustang-short-shifter-555-7308/

steedatriax1_zps47f2033a.jpg

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
I like the MGW shifter much better, period. If the price isn't an issue, go with the MGW (they're about 420-470 shipped depending on knob and stuff). If you're looking for something that's much better than stock and not super expensive, this steeda tri-ax is a good option.

Dropping the price to $225 shipped because I'm having a good day!

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
My experience with both shifters:

Stock shifter, sloppy, not good gear feel, grinded 1-2 shift 9 out of 10 speed shifts.

Steeda Tri-AX: Good feel, much tighter in gear than stock, great feel and location, grinded 1-2 shift 2 out of 10 speed shifts. This shifter feels the best during daily driving, easy to drive, easy to identify which gear you're in etc. Very quiet (as quiet as stock)

MGW Gen2: Fantastic feel, very notchy and solid. have yet to feel a grind like above. My only complaint is the daily drivable feel...the MGW shifter sits further back (toward rear of the car) which took some getting used to, and sometimes is tough to know which gear you're in because the shifter so damn tight! (best for the track and shifting, second on daily driving feel)

Again, I like the MGW better over all, but the Steeda is a good option for daily driving and light track use.

Last edited:

rdsnk46

Established Member
I felt the Gen 1 and Gen 2 MGW, I also ran the Steeda Tri-Ax in my 2008 GT500 with great success. The Gen one MGW has some wiggle to it while in gear that my Tri-Ax didnt have. The Gen Two MGW is very notchy, IMO.

_mach_

Proud 2012 GT500 0wner
Established Member
Install took me about 2 hrs, but I was in my garage, on my back, without air tools, and I took my time. Install instructions are pretty straight forward and are available on the link in the original post (click the "install" section at the bottom of the page).

You will re-use your factory shift handle and knob, so yes, you'll be able to use your factory knob, and I recommend using the lower 2 mounting points, makes the throw shorter, and it feels better (IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread