sonic cobra

Established Member
050.jpg

Cobra has been sold

Last edited:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Crap, I just bought a 2008 350Z a few weeks ago, Hopefully something like this pops up around christmas time. I am local also :-(

sonic cobra

Established Member
Yes, been dealing with cooling issues on track since I first went with smaller than stock pully. Never had a problem on the street. I boxed the rad some and extended the air dam down for more negative pressure behind the rad. Tried both 170* and 180* Tstats. Went with 70/30 water/coolant mix.I stayed with 3" pully to avoid additional heat caused by overspinning the blower. All with little success. Finally, last year, I added bassani x pipe with cats and interchangeable flow tubes . Last spring I went to Watkins Glen with a new tune from Kevin Hand with fans adjusted to 180* Tstat, and with the cats removed and I also removed the front license plate bracket,and saw dramatic results. In two days never went over 224* First time in years I could shift at 6k instead of 5500 and run entire 30 minute sessions w/o overheating. I guess those stock cats and the two precats together were putting out tremendous heat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread