FS/FT 1996 Mystic Cobra

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
As title reads. I love the car, just had it for about 2-3 years now (I get bored with them after about 2 years. Have owned about 17 mustangs). She has basically been a garage queen, I belive it has about 50-51k miles on her now. All/most modifications were done within last 2k-8k miles. car runs fantastic, was tuned by Dave Dalke. Car is in excellent shape, NEVER seen bad weather, orginally from Georiga ... car has probably one of the nicest black leather SN interior I have seen: no rips, no white cracking, etc. I religously conditioned the leather and waxed the car. It's as clean underneath as up top. Just so you all know it's authentic, here ya go ....

1996 Mystic Cobra - #1781

small video of giving a few women some joyrides on the 4th of July (before the party started :) )

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfHwkrwjk6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]3rd gear ta boot - YouTube[/nomedia]

Basic rundown of car, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something ....

*orginally from georiga, brought to ohio in 01, number 1781 (i have all Coletti paperwork) ... and reciepts for most work
*51k miles
*excellent in and out like ALL my stuff
*18x9" and 18x10.5" chrome FR500's with BFG G-Force KDW's
*qa1 front suspension, granetelli coil overs, etc. ....
*MMR 10qt pan
*TKO trans with spec stage 2+, aluminum flywheel and driveshaft
*fully built forged fox lake long block
*vortech V1 with aftercooler, 03-04 cobra pump, 30"x5" AFP heat exchanger, moroso tank
*accufab SBTB with some light clean work around mouth (intake) and billet MMR IMRC delete plates (it breathes)
*BA3000 maf, siemans/deka 60# injectors, aeromotive stealth 340 pump

More detalied discription:

*.020" diamond pistons stuffed in original teksid block
*manley H beam rods
*heads have been lightly cleaned with fresh valve job (when motor was done, approx. 8-9k miles ago)
*ARP 2000 studs (heads, mains, rods)
*stock cobra crank (kellogg)
*all internal engine work was done by Corey when he was at Fox Lake
*MMR IMRC deletes
*MMR deep sump oil pan
*custom stainless 2.5" exhaust with x-pipe and corsa mufflers (previous owner is a corsa employee/management)
*vortech V1 with aftercooler, 30"x5" AFP heat exchanger (3.5" dual pass), 03-04 cobra coolant pump, moroso coolant tank.
*vortech maxflow by-pass valve
*new belt, idlers, tensioner, and a reichard racing no slip 3.10" pulley
*accufab sbtb with light clean work around intake mouth
*fidanza lightweight alumium flywheel
*spec stage 2+ clutch, new cable, quadrant, firewall adjuster
*aluminum driveshaft
*TKO 500, with a 3550 tailhousing (so it shifts right) and a gold billet hurst shifter
*trans and clutch have less then 500 miles on them
*3.73 rear gears
*new creamic pads and slotted rotors
*qa1 k member, a-arms, granetelli coil over kit, steel granetelli c/c plates, KYB shocks/struts, H&R super sport rear springs, new motorsport upper rear control arms
*aeromotive "stealth" 340lph in tank pump (actually a proto-type 370lph)
*BBK adjustable regulator
*Siemans/Deka 60# injectors
*SCT BA3000 MAF
*Anderson power pipe with new 7"x5" K&N filter
*new ford "updated" Lightning plastic IAT2 sensor relocated to just before TB
*SCT Xcal3 handheld tuner
*BFG comp t/a KDW tires (new) on chrome 9" and 10.5" chrome FR500 wheels
*new oil cooler
*innovate lc1 wideband with datalogging capabilities
*ultralite boost gague
*factory mach460 stereo (rocks ! no blown speakers)
*ice cold air
*one of the nicest black SN leather interior i have ever seen
*all new filters, fluids, etc

Car is located in N.E. Ohio, Asking 12,900 OR will consider trades on 99-04 cobra (vert or hard top), or a built 2v. No junk here, so I expect the same ... please don't waste my time or yours. I will +++ cash on my end for the right car.

Feel free to call/text @ (330) 398 8985 , or email [email protected]

MattandFreak026.jpg

MattandFreak039.jpg

MattandFreak037.jpg

Last edited:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Beautiful car!

Thank you. It gets more attention then I'd like honestly. I see your a Mystic owner, so I'm sure you know what I mean. If I had a dollar for every person who asked: "who painted your car" ... I'd be rich.

Car sounds amazing with the corsa mufflers. Quiet cruise and idle (except the V1 :) ), but screams like the devil when opened up. The car has never seen the track as far as I know also. Just a "toy".

If anyone has a "smart phone" text above number, I have and can take pictures/videos of anything.

Thanks for looking.

93&99cobrasvt

Established Member
Buddy best of luck, Iam the guy who owns a Mystic from Seattle and my folks live in Canfield. Wish I didnt have mine and I had yours, yours is awesome!!

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Ok guys ... Its like this: throw me some offers, preferably trades.

Look at it like this: 50k mile nice Mystics pull 7.5k-9k, mine has 15-17k dollars in mods (if not more). Your getting a highly modified mystic for a few grand more then a stock one with glass pistons. This car is ready for hard driving/track/high HP.

Throw me offers/trades ! ... Worst I can say is no. Nice and warm up here in Ohio this weekend. Anyone want some video or pictures, text or call me @ 330-398-8985

Matt

Last edited:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
It made 501 on a DJ and 445 on a Mustang dyno.

As far as pictures, most are on my iPhone ... I will sort through them and send them to myself, so anyone wanting more pictures with a smart phone text me, otherwise leave a email and I plan on getting some down loadded to my PC soon.

Last edited:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Excuse the car, I haven't vacuumed it out in 2-3 months, and it's dusty ... but you get the idea. If anyone wants pictures of anything specific, speak up. Oh, that's a smashed leaf on the drivers floormat, not a hole in the carpet. :beer:

engine2.jpg

engine1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior4.jpg

interior3.jpg

Last edited:

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Did you have this car at the Summitt show?

Yes it and "I" was there, lol. I'm a heavily involved member that helps put together and contributes to the show (buckeyestangs.com). That was my 20k mile heavily modified green 92 on the turntable 2 years ago too.

Last edited:

CobraObsession

Established Member
Weaverville, North Carolina, United States
Thank you. It gets more attention then I'd like honestly. I see your a Mystic owner, so I'm sure you know what I mean. If I had a dollar for every person who asked: "who painted your car" ... I'd be rich.

Car sounds amazing with the corsa mufflers. Quiet cruise and idle (except the V1 :) ), but screams like the devil when opened up. The car has never seen the track as far as I know also. Just a "toy".

If anyone has a "smart phone" text above number, I have and can take pictures/videos of anything.

Thanks for looking.

I hear ya. Looks extremely clean! Yea I barely got to drive mine due to spun bearing but got several compliments. What size pulley you running?

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
In about 2-3 weeks this thing is cominmg apart and I'm going to sell off all the vortech stuff (blower and all related aftercooler components). I spoke with my good friends at Street Lethal Performance in PA tonight and we are going to put a single 70mm turbo on her in the quest of 650-700 rwhp. I love this car and refuse to give it away. I have to have something very close to what I'm asking.

Only reason I was selling it was to hopefully grab the attention of a 03-04 Cobra owner in need of cash (divorce, bills, etc.) and didn't want to give up his toys. I would also be intrested in trading for a modified/boosted Mach 1, or a built/boosted 01-04 2v. Like I said, I will be willing to make up difference for the right car.

.... This is if I have no takers before I start taking blower off (2-3 weeks).

I appericiate everyones comments and time taken to offer me a trade. I have had quite a few fox offers (some damn nice) and a few N/A 2v's. I simply can't take a step backwards. Once you go boosted 32v you can never go back.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
In about 2-3 weeks this thing is cominmg apart and I'm going to sell off all the vortech stuff (blower and all related aftercooler components). I spoke with my good friends at Street Lethal Performance in PA tonight and we are going to put a single 70mm turbo on her in the quest of 650-700 rwhp. I love this car and refuse to give it away. I have to have something very close to what I'm asking.

Only reason I was selling it was to hopefully grab the attention of a 03-04 Cobra owner in need of cash (divorce, bills, etc.) and didn't want to give up his toys. I would also be intrested in trading for a modified/boosted Mach 1, or a built/boosted 01-04 2v. Like I said, I will be willing to make up difference for the right car.

.... This is if I have no takers before I start taking blower off (2-3 weeks).

I appericiate everyones comments and time taken to offer me a trade. I have had quite a few fox offers (some damn nice) and a few N/A 2v's. I simply can't take a step backwards. Once you go boosted 32v you can never go back.

Interested in a 12 Boss with a Kenne Bell 2.8 making 630 rhp on street and 785 high boost and C16? Otherwise stock and has 3031 miles on it #127 built. Google Kenne Boss for details

highcompression

...who ?
Established Member
Interested in a 12 Boss with a Kenne Bell 2.8 making 630 rhp on street and 785 high boost and C16? Otherwise stock and has 3031 miles on it #127 built. Google Kenne Boss for details

LOVE TO ! .... that's a little too much cash on my end though :(

Wish the price was a little lower. Would love to have this car!

can't do it bud. :beer: too much intrest, only been posted for 2 weeks, and I don't need to sell it. I keep getting the same guys now offering 11.9 and some "working on cash". I know I'm not out of line on price. Getting ready to turbo this thing just as soon as I have time to take the blower stuff off and post that stuff for sale. car will be for sale until that point. I will keep thread updated.

Users who are viewing this thread