FS: F*ckin Fast Shift Knobs

lxhatch302

Established Member
i posted in the other thread but im interested in one so pm me since i know your packed with pms...

BUT I WILL TAKE ONE!

Spal

Established Member
So replacing the shift pattern emblem warrants the extra $80? :nonono:

Stock shift knob @ Jegs - Ford Racing M-7213-B Ford Racing Shifter Knobs

Yes you can buy the stock knob for 30 some dollars, ship it to Canada, someone has to get the knob ready to be reprinted which can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes, now ship the knobs to the place they are getting printed at(2 hrs from me), I had to pay someone to design the artwork on the knob to get it looking as stock as possible and then they had to build a die to print the knobs which only has an initial cost of 30.00. Once they they have the f'in fast and gear pattern printed on them, then shipped back to me, where I put the knobs together and package them up. Now you got to ship them from Canada to mainly USA customers.

Yes I am making money at this maybe 5-10 dollars a knob when it is all said and done. But i footed over 1000.00 of bills last time I had 12 knobs made, if I left my money in the bank I would have more time to work on my own car, and make 3% on my money without the aggrivation. Yes it would be cheaper if I was living in USA to do these knobs, but I dont.

I am not trying to rip anyone off, and if you do feel this is a rip off dont buy a knob.

So far I have over 30 knobs people want built. Thats a 989.70worth of shift knobs(if they were all leather) I have to buy out of pocket, get shipped in to Canada with the duty of 15% which equals another 148.46 and there is brokerage on that plus shipping.

So please dont judge before thinking what all costs are involved in a process.

Sorry for the rant and run on sentences.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Dan, thank you for explaining the process - even though you really didn't need to! I personally would like to thank you for bringing this very sought after mod back to the market. Anyone that knocks you for making a profit on them really needs to get their head examined, because I don't know anyone that would (or could) front their own money on speculation like you did, and then do it completely free?! What the hell hell guys... yes, they ARE expensive for just a knob, but if you want one, where else would you get it? Anytime that the "original run" of these that were made by GG&G come on the market, they always sell in the range that Dan is selling these new ones for anyway (I saw one sell for $200 last year).

Brian

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Yes you can buy the stock knob for 30 some dollars, ship it to Canada, someone has to get the knob ready to be reprinted which can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes, now ship the knobs to the place they are getting printed at(2 hrs from me), I had to pay someone to design the artwork on the knob to get it looking as stock as possible and then they had to build a die to print the knobs which only has an initial cost of 30.00. Once they they have the f'in fast and gear pattern printed on them, then shipped back to me, where I put the knobs together and package them up. Now you got to ship them from Canada to mainly USA customers.

Yes I am making money at this maybe 5-10 dollars a knob when it is all said and done. But i footed over 1000.00 of bills last time I had 12 knobs made, if I left my money in the bank I would have more time to work on my own car, and make 3% on my money without the aggrivation. Yes it would be cheaper if I was leaving in USA to do these knobs, but I dont.

I am not trying to rip anyone off, and if you do feel this is a rip off dont buy a knob.

So far I have over 30 knobs people want built. Thats a 989.70worth of shift knobs(if they were all leather) I have to buy out of pocket, get shipped in to Canada with the duty of 15% which equals another 148.46 and there is brokerage on that plus shipping.

So please dont judge before thinking what all costs are involved in a process.

Sorry for the rant and run on sentences.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan, you are offering a product no one else at the moment can. Happy to pay for it and glad you are doing it.

Spal

Established Member
Thanks for your support guys. It means a lot to me.

I am trying to source the knobs right now. The carbon fibre ones are hard to get hands on due to FRPP quite making them a year or two ago.

I am trying to stay on top of my PMs, so it might take me a day or two get back to you.

As for time frame. This size of project might take me a couple months, so please be patient with me. Theres a lot of work involved, and I do it all in my spare time.

Thanks,
Dan

Spal

Established Member
Ok, Tousley Ford are having the knobs shipped to me. Thanks Steve and Mike. I have a total of 40 knobs being done, and that is close to the size of list of people I have. I will still put a person on the list but I can't promise them a knob at this time. I am sure there will be the odd person back down, and the next person in line will fill that spot, so dont be afraid to PM me. I will try to do these as quick as possible and I will keep you updated.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Are any of the 40 knobs going to be the 10th anniversary ones? Hopefully you have me on your list. I didn't pm you, but have indicated my interest in these threads.;-)

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread