FS: 2004 Screaming Yellow Cobra - 84k miles

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
Hello all,

I'm throwing this out here as a feeler, since I'm not really 100% sure what I want to do at the moment. She's a 2004 Screamin Yellow Cobra. 84k miles, mostly highway as this was my DD for a long period of time. My dad passed very suddenly, and the car was passed down to me. Being 18 (at the time that I got it) meant I wasn't able to baby her and keep another DD, so of course I kept the Cobra. Over the years, I've spent every dime I could spare to build the car that I think my father would've wanted, but times have gotten rough and I think it's time I finally let someone else actually enjoy her.

I'll start with the bad, since that's what I'm sure will turn away most people. Two years ago, I had taken the car in to the dealership to troubleshoot an intermittent fuel pump cutoff issue (first time it's ever been to the dealer in my possession). While at said dealer, the car sat outside while we got hit with the only sub-zero storm of the year. Normally being a garage queen during winter, the coolant for the heaton froze and cracked the intercooler that sits under the blower. The dealership being the idiots they were, drove the car without knowing the motor was eating coolant and sucked coolant all throughout the motor. I went in to pick up the car, drove it for about a mile, and then realized something wasn't right and had it towed home. At the time I was travelling non-stop for work so the car sat for months before I could ever tear into it. By time I moved jobs, the motor had already gotten corrosion on the top of the heads and likely inside the bores (haven't confirmed this). I'm 99% sure the heads are good. I think if anything it'll need to be tanked and possibly honed. I know that's skeptical for most people, but this is an excuse to buy everything great about a Cobra and be able to build whatever motor setup you could want. Life has since put me in a situation that no longer allows me to work on her and give her the love she deserves once again, so I'm hoping to find someone willing to revive the car to her former glory.

So, if the motor is even save-able, I can definitely say it'll likely take some work. You will have to tow the car home at this point, as I haven't risked turning it over and hurting the motor even more. The other flaws are an incident with a deer that led to the front bumper, hood, and driver's fender needing to be repainted. The fender turned out great, but the bumper and hood haven't held the paint as well. Minor chips in both and a small fisheye in the hood.

Below is the mod-list of everything I had on the car, including some additional parts that were in-waiting. I'll get some more up-to-date pictures once I'm back at home and can head up to where it's stored. If you have any questions, or want to see something specific, please let me know and I'll gladly answer it for you.

Looking (hoping) for something around $14,000. I know that's high given the motor complications, but there are more mods here than most Cobras I've seen. I've never sold a non-running car so this is new. Really just trying to get enough out of it to be able to let it go.

http://imgur.com/a/rzAus

Engine:
  • Home-ported eaton done with massive help from Posi to match his race-port (made right at 500whp on a 2.7 upper)
  • Borla stinger catback (fully polished)
  • UPR x-pipe
  • N2MB WOT Box
  • One-off kevlar/carbon fiber inlet with K&N filter
  • Ported Dragon Plenum and SBTB
  • Lethal Performance head-cooling mod
  • One-off intercooler reservoir with fuel cell cap (so you can easily pour in ice)
  • AFCO Pro-series heat exchanger
  • Jabsco intercooler pump (brushless bilge pump modified for IC)
  • 2.7 upper pulley (all it ever saw, although I have a stock and 2.93 pulley as well)
  • SCT X3 with dyno tune and stock tune (dyno tune was a bit rich, but safe of course)

Drivetrain:
  • T-56 with 26 spline input shaft
  • Shift forks rebuilt when input shaft was installed (OEM rebuild)
  • Spec 3+ clutch
  • McLeod lightened steel flywheel (was recommended over the aluminum unit and has made stop-go driving a lot better with the 3+)
  • 4.10 gears in the rear (6th gear at 70mph was about 2500rpm if I remember correctly)
  • Ford Racing carbon fiber clutch pack in the diff, using extra clutch disc build (makes the diff a lot tighter over the stock clutch-steel-steel-clutch design)
  • Always ran with royal purple full synthetic fluid (no additive)

Suspension/Handling:
  • Complete full-tilt boogie racing kit. Bushings, subframe mounts, diff mounts, etc.
  • Ford Racing reinforced diff cover with FTBR support mount
  • Factory Bilstein shocks still installed
  • Factory springs
  • Steeda X2 balljoints
  • Steeda swaybar endlinks
  • 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear AFR cobra replicas - hydrodipped in carbon fiber
  • Nitto Invos - 275/35 front and 295/35 rear
  • KVR drilled front and rear rotors (OEM size) - no cracking or damage even after a few track events and Tail of the Dragon runs throughout the years
  • Hawk HP+ pads

Miscellaneous:
  • Dual aeroforce gauges in custom Speed of Sound a-pillar pod
  • A-pillar pod has mounts for two raptor shift lights (only one currently installed) - was originally designed to have a staged shift light (yellow then red) to help during track events
  • Start'n'charge 160A alternator with upgraded wiring
  • Interior door cups and center trim painted SY to match exterior
  • One-off metal rear bumper inserts wrapped in 3M carbon fiber vinyl

Not installed:
  • Cobra Engineering M122 adapter kit
  • M122/H122 from 2012 GT500 with 2.76 pulley (includes stock plenum and bypass valve)
  • 2012 GT500 intake with K&N filter
  • Diablo MAFia
  • Complete return-style fuel system (stock system still in car)
  • DivisionX dual pump hat (no level sender included)
  • DivisionX regulator by Magnafuel
  • DivisionX wiring harness (power, relays, and fuses)
  • 2x Walbro 455 pumps (purchased new)
  • Lethal's upgraded hat wiring for 455 pumps
  • Lethal fuel filter housing with 2x stainless steel filters
  • Honeywell hobbs switch (2psi activated)
  • All the fragola fittings you need to run a deadhead set up to the stock rails + all the extra fittings pictured
  • Lethal's FRPS adapter
  • 60lb Siemens Deka EV6 High Impedance Injectors
  • Probably missing a few other things (spare pulleys, etc.) but I'll add them once I get to storage and check out all the totes of parts

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
I'm open to any and all offers. Just shoot me a PM. This is the only time I've sold a non-running car and I'm trying to figure what she's worth as is.

Caleb Naasko

Established Member
Would also be interested if your took a lot less. Just being honest I think that's really high considering the motor, body work, mileage, and that most people don't like yellow. Send me a pm

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread