FS: 2004 Cobra Convertible - 688rwhp, True Forged

Silver TT

Established Member
Potential buyer is out of country for another two months so car is still available for sale now or will re-list in Spring.

Silver TT

Established Member
Update for the guys who have PM'd me. I think the car is sold, potential buyer is making arrangements to come visit. If he doesn't come up with the cash I will post another note.

Silver TT

Established Member
All - I have decided to keep the car. After agreeing to two different deals and waiting for deposits which never showed up I decided I love the car too much to let it go for less than what it is worth.

Ask V8DER what it costs to build an 03/04 car properly - its in the $43-45k range. Obviously you don't get that on resale but you should get fair value or just keep it. These cars are unique and rare and raw in a way that very few other Mustangs have achieved.

What ultimately made up my mind was when I realized I couldn't replace this car with any other car - regardless of make or model - for similar money and have a more enjoyable driving experience. A reliable 688rwhp (and similar torque figure) for under $30k is simply not achievable in any other car.

Maybe at the end of this summer I'll list it again, but gonna enjoy it for now. Thanks again for all the nice comments on the car. :beer:

Regards, Dan

Last edited:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
you have an amazing cobra brotha, but I dont agree with a car that cannot replace it for $30k.

enter the e55 amg....you can pickup these cars for $18_$20k in good condition now, and throw around $5k into it. guys with that combo are running mid 10s.

no disrespect to you at all, so I hope you dont take it the wrong way. e55 owners feel the exact same way, for a luxury family sedan that runs mid 10s in pure style.

Last edited:

203SBvert

Established Member
All - I have decided to keep the car. I would have sold it if someone stepped up with cash at my asking price which was very reasonable.

After agreeing to two different deals and waiting for deposits which never showed up I decided I love the car too much to let it go for less than what it is worth.

Ask V8DER what it costs to build an 03/04 car properly - its in the $43-45k range. Obviously you don't get that on resale but you should get fair value or just keep it. These cars are unique and rare and raw in a way that very few other Mustangs have achieved.

What ultimately made up my mind was when I realized I couldn't replace this car with any other car - regardless of make or model - for similar money and have a more enjoyable driving experience. A reliable 688rwhp (and similar torque figure) for under $30k is simply not achievable in any other car.

Maybe at the end of this summer I'll list it again, but gonna enjoy it for now. Thanks again for all the nice comments on the car. :beer:

Regards, Dan

Hey Dan, glad you decided to keep it!
It's getting tougher and tougher to find one like ours with low miles and built to perfection, might as well enjoy it!!! :burnout:

you have an amazing cobra brotha, but I dont agree with a car that cannot replace it for $30k.

enter the e55 amg....you can pickup these cars for $18_$20k in good condition now, and throw around $7k into it. guys with that combo are running mid 10s.

no disrespect to you at all, so I hope you dont take it the wrong way. e55 owners feel the exact same way, for a luxury family sedan that runs mid 10s in pure style, it cannot be matched.

The cobra is more of a raw muscle car and also has the drop top for summer....apples to oranges IMO although both are great machines

shauncurt

Established Member
U can replace it but it would have to be for the same year and model and that makes no sense! Not sure why I keep doing it! Lol good choice

blood

Established Member
Gues I should have asked 35k for my car since youre asking 29k for yours. lol

sean r

Established Member
Wow super nice. Wish i saw this last fall before i bought mine for 25 and put around 10k in over the winter and its still doesnt have near the mods of this.

Silver TT

Established Member
Wow super nice. Wish i saw this last fall before i bought mine for 25 and put around 10k in over the winter and its still doesnt have near the mods of this.

Thanks Sean... A lot of people don't understand what it takes in $$ to build up these cars to this level. Good luck with your ride. Appreciate the note. :beer:

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
+1 people dont understand how much it costs to sort everything. easy to buy one for 23 24k and dump 10k to make it right. This car looks to be done right. If I was to sell my vert would want a similar price.
Good luck with sale.

Silver TT

Established Member
Price drop and willing to negotiate. PM me if you want to discuss price.

Car is also on Ebay with 5 bids and 26 "watchers" so may hit my price there. Would obviously much rather it go to a forum member who will appreciate what it takes to build up a Terminator.

Also wanted to point out to anyone who missed this edit to the original ad, I am willing to sell the car w/o the TFs and Kumhos for $3k less or $25k flat if budget is an issue.

Last edited:

sassafras

Established Member
You might want to fix this:

-Innovate LC-1 Wideband (The only thing wrong with the car, has been acting funky the past month and will probably need a new sensor)

Since I replaced the sensor and module for it before you took ownership.

Oh and I know how much money it takes to get a car to this level, it's a lot...lol.

Hate to see you are selling it, good luck with it! :beer:

Silver TT

Established Member
You might want to fix this:

-Innovate LC-1 Wideband (The only thing wrong with the car, has been acting funky the past month and will probably need a new sensor)

Since I replaced the sensor and module for it before you took ownership.

Oh and I know how much money it takes to get a car to this level, it's a lot...lol.

Hate to see you are selling it, good luck with it! :beer:

Haha...thanks Sassafras.. Car has been amazing. Loved every second of driving it. Just don't have an available parking space anymore... Hope all is well with you. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread