The Demon
Established Member
2004 Built Silver Mustang Cobra
Date of Purchase June 2012
VIN#1FAFP48Y94F194575
Miles 13,850
Exterior: 9.5/10
Interior: 10/10

For sale is my 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra, the car currently has 950 miles on the new motor that was built by HPP Racing in Lewisville, TX. The car was tuned by Manny at HPP and put down 590hp/494tq on a conservative 93 octane tune. There are no scratches on the car and 2-3 pen head sized chips that have been touched up on the front bumper. The interior looks brand new, seats are perfect including the charcoal on charcoal leather and alcantara on all.

Little background on the car, I purchased this car in June of 2012 with the intentions of running it at the track on occasion along with occasionally driving it to the office and on weekends. Picked the car up in Nashville, TN from a member off of this forum, drove the car back to Memphis,TN and it began to overheat. Car was towed to the house the day after I bought it and sat in the garage for 3 weeks before HPP was able to get it into their shop. Originally it was thought that the car had air in the cooling system, the air gap was removed and the car placed on the dyno to retune only to lose cooling pressure again. Supercharger was then checked to ensure there were no issues followed by the gaskets and eventually the motor being pulled when there were no issues found with the supercharger/gaskets. Upon pulling the motor apart, it was determined that there was a crack inside of cylinder 7. Whether or not it was pre-existing is neither here nor there now. I’m not here to bash the previous owner, nor make assumptions about something that’s in the past, but merely want to give an accurate description of the car and what I and HPP Racing have been through to get this thing right. I have nothing to hide and this car is as close to perfect as you could expect. I have a binder of receipts that date back through myself and the two prior owners that will come with the car, along with the original window sticker. I do not have to sell the car, but with 12k in unexpected expenses, it’s just time to move onto another ride. The car is not driven daily and for the most part sits in the garage on a trickle charger, occasionally being driven on sunny weekend days. This is a perfect, like new, low mile, built Cobra that someone will be lucky to own and be proud of.

I am here to answer any questions and will also provide the information for HPP Racing should you have any questions. You can also reach me by cell at (972) 313-5655, my name is Justin. I’ll be more than happy to respond to any and all inquiries, however during the week will not be able to return calls for the most part until after 5 PM CST.

HPP Racing
407 Holfords Prairie Rd # 2B
Lewisville, TX 75056
(972) 395-9844

Should anyone like more pictures, please let me know, I have plenty and can take additional ones if needed. I do have a lien on the car that will need to be satisfied when completing the sale. I’m sure I have left out several items and will update as necessary.

No, I will not sell the wheels separate from the vehicle nor do I wish to trade for any other car, so please do not ask or make offers for trades.

$27,500 firm
$25,500 w/your own wheels and tires

Build Specifications (build by HPP Motorsports):
New Factory Ford Block bored .030 over
Comp Cams Stage 3
ARP Main Studs
J & E Pistons
Ford Gaskets
Factory (Forged) Rods
Factory (Forged) Crankshaft

Power Adders:
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body
Lethal Performance FPDM Wiring Upgrade
Dual GT40 Fuel Pumps
60lb Injectors
K&N CAI
Metco Under Drive Pullies
LFP 100mm Idler Pullies
AFCO Heat Exchanger
Diablo Sport 90mm MAF
NGK Spark Plugs
Tuned by HPP Motorsports

Exhaust:
Bassani Ceramic Coated Mid Length Headers
Bassani Stainless Steel X Pipe w/Hi Flo Cats
Steeda Catback

Transmission:
Mcleod Street Twin Clutch Kit w/Aluminum Flywheel
Liberty 26 Spline Input Shaft
Steeda Firewall Cable Adjuster
Steeda Quick Release Clutch Quadrant (Red)

Suspension/Miscellaneous:
DSS Level 2 Half Shafts
H&R Lowering Springs
Steeda Subframe Connectors
Moroso Front Wheel Studs
JDM Pinion Snubber
5% Window Tint
Tinted Taillights
LFP Black Anodized Billet Hood Vents
LED interior bulb swap including plate bulbs

Wheels and Tires:
CCW Classics
Toyo Proxes R888’s (Front: 255/35/ZR18 Back: 335/30/ZR18’s

2004CobraFile003.jpg

2004CobraFile006.jpg

2004CobraFile007.jpg

2004CobraFile002.jpg

2004CobraFile008.jpg

2004CobraFile009.jpg

2004CobraFile005.jpg

2004CobraFile004.jpg

null.jpg

null-1.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-2.jpg

null-3.jpg

null-4.jpg

null-5.jpg

null-7.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

Last edited:

JCH03SVT

Established Member
How bout $23,750? Lol Jk I remember seeing this car listed on here last year. This one of the nicest ones anyone will find I think. It has been done right for sure. Glws!

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
How bout $23,750? Lol Jk I remember seeing this car listed on here last year. This one of the nicest ones anyone will find I think. It has been done right for sure. Glws!

Yep, was on here in May of last year - still looks brand new inside and out. Thanks for the comments.

Easter Sunday bump.

jhassebr99

Established Member
yeah not worth more than 24 or 25k.. looks good tho

Why do people like you even post? Are you the cobra pricing expert?? Sounds like you want this car but want to pay "30k mile stock cobra prices", yet want a fully built car for the same money to me. If you think the price is to high there is a back button.... Just saying.

randg4603

Established Member
why is the torque so low?.it should be in the 540-550 range.

My car made 590/500 (almost identical numbers to the OP's) on a 2.3 @ 18lbs. Maybe due to no lower pulley?

bump for another clean silver whippled snake...but maybe its a typo?? bc he should def be in the 550 range.

Your torque would've been much less if you didn't have a 3.5/6 combo but rather a 3.0/stock combo (assuming same psi)

Last edited:

sean r

Established Member
There is no snub idler. When my car was just at the tuner getting a 4 lb lower and larger 3.25 upper the tuner removed mine also. Said its not needed with the large upper. I was like ok ill try it and put it back on if needed. It is not having any belt slip.
Free bump... almost looks like idler is missing.... here is a pic for for compare
IMG_0252_zpscd17aa34.jpg

2004Droptop

Established Member
There is no snub idler. When my car was just at the tuner getting a 4 lb lower and larger 3.25 upper the tuner removed mine also. Said its not needed with the large upper. I was like ok ill try it and put it back on if needed. It is not having any belt slip.

Oh, new one to me but I do have stock lower and 2.75 up top. Anyways GLWS

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member

Thanks for the clarification, also received the same from HPP today - haven't had any issues with the belt slipping either.

Assuming I'm overpriced for the market on a built whippled low mile Cobra? Intentions were not to scare people away with the price or explanation, but rather to be honest with what I went through in getting the car right. Realize the pics are small and I still need to post a dyno sheet. Intentions are to get some better pics taken this weekend - the is the place for SVT owners, so I'm looking for feedback from you guys and appreciate it greatly.

selbyvince

Established Member
beautiful car man, i seen it in person and me and my wife were drooling over it when i was up at hpp with my cobra. i like my competition orange, but if i had another color itd be silver or white. Love the car man, glws

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
beautiful car man, i seen it in person and me and my wife were drooling over it when i was up at hpp with my cobra. i like my competition orange, but if i had another color itd be silver or white. Love the car man, glws

Appreciate the feedback - not generally a fan of the CCW's, but they fit this car and set it apart in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread