FRPS questions

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Well after installing a new IAC and FRPS and the car still died I said screw it and took my car to my tuner. He took a lot of parts off a wrecked cobra and put them on my cobra hoping for it to work. BTW: My car wont even start now. It just cranks and cranks but wont start. Nothing helped from the wrecked cobra so the shop just sent it to the dealership. The dealership said it's some kind of computer problem so it's gonna cost a lot. The car needs to be re-tuned too so that's another $260...Well atleast i'll get some new numbers!

I'll give yall an update soon..

03yellow

Established Member
Sorry ...this seems like a first deal Ive heard of with a cobra. Sounds like a crank positioning sensor or somthing wierd like that.
Hope you get you car fixed soon and be done with it.
Just go spend more money on mods to justify the retune LOL

Hopefully it wiil be fixed and be done with it.

Here is my list of fixers. Thousand of $$$ spent

New gears
Busted pumpkin after the new gears
Broke Imput shaft
Broke 1/2 shaft
3 belts
3 FRPS
4 alternators
IAC
3 clutches
Bent drive shaft
New motor
Rebuilt Trans
See not so bad:banana::banana::banana:

Well after installing a new IAC and FRPS and the car still died I said screw it and took my car to my tuner. He took a lot of parts off a wrecked cobra and put them on my cobra hoping for it to work. BTW: My car wont even start now. It just cranks and cranks but wont start. Nothing helped from the wrecked cobra so the shop just sent it to the dealership. The dealership said it's some kind of computer problem so it's gonna cost a lot. The car needs to be re-tuned too so that's another $260...Well atleast i'll get some new numbers!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member

I replaced my FRPS and reclocked my MAF a week or so ago and everything was fine....until I drove it up to the bank last Saturday. I came out of the bank, hopped in the car, proceeded to crank it up and noted after a couple of seconds of cranking that it wasn't geting any fuel!:cuss:

I walked back to the house (2.5 miles) and managed to work off most of my anger and flustration on the walk. I then got my electrical meter and some tools to see if I could find out the problem and then drove back up there in my truck (Score - Dodge 1, Ford 0 :nonono:). The FPDMs were getting power, but the trouble code P1233 (FPDM offline) was showing up. I even disconnected and reconnected the negative terminal of the battery hoping this would work, but it would still not fire up.

I ended up having the car towed home (cost $60) and tried starting it some more in the driveway as I "tinkered" with the FDPMs, the FRPS, and the wiring. Finally, I wore the battery down, so I hooked up the charger and went into the house to cool down (temps were in the mid 90's).

When I went back outside, afer about 30 minutes, I decided to try it one more time...and it fired right up!:shrug: The car is now sitting in the garage and I plan to take off work on Friday so that I can drop the fuel tank and go over the fuel system inch-by-inch...:(

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
^Dang that sucks...The dealership said it needs a new computer. So today I have to take the spare keys to them so they can program the new computer. Then my car goes to Houston Performance and gets re-tuned. Everything is going to cost around $1,000...Also today I have to go to a hobby shop and buy my son a $300 r/c car for his birthday. :nonono:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I replaced my FRPS and reclocked my MAF a week or so ago and everything was fine....until I drove it up to the bank last Saturday. I came out of the bank, hopped in the car, proceeded to crank it up and noted after a couple of seconds of cranking that it wasn't geting any fuel!:cuss:

I walked back to the house (2.5 miles) and managed to work off most of my anger and flustration on the walk. I then got my electrical meter and some tools to see if I could find out the problem and then drove back up there in my truck (Score - Dodge 1, Ford 0 :nonono:). The FPDMs were getting power, but the trouble code P1233 (FPDM offline) was showing up. I even disconnected and reconnected the negative terminal of the battery hoping this would work, but it would still not fire up.

I ended up having the car towed home (cost $60) and tried starting it some more in the driveway as I "tinkered" with the FDPMs, the FRPS, and the wiring. Finally, I wore the battery down, so I hooked up the charger and went into the house to cool down (temps were in the mid 90's).

When I went back outside, afer about 30 minutes, I decided to try it one more time...and it fired right up!:shrug: The car is now sitting in the garage and I plan to take off work on Friday so that I can drop the fuel tank and go over the fuel system inch-by-inch...:(

After some more high-tech investigations (i.e. wiggling wires and connectors :lol1:), I actually believe I found the problem - the relay that is connected to the FPDMs. I found that when the pumps would not start, I could tap the side of the relay with a screwdriver handle and then the car would start. So, I have replaced the relay and things are fine again (at least for now)...:beer:

Thank goodness it wasn't the computer!:bowdown:

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Congrats FlaSeaDude!

Today I took the spare key to the shop and they said they would take it to the dealership. The dealership said that the problem with my car was that a wire was messed up somehow and it just got worse over time..I asked if they could just replace the wire and not the computer but they said the computer is bad too. So on Monday the car will probably get tuned and i'll have her back. :)

The last dyno run after I had my motor re-built was 465/493..Hopefully it's more than that when I get it tuned. But it's 90+ degrees here every day so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread