FRPS problem

GHIG RTR

Banned
As some of yall know, I'm about 95% done with my TT kit. I've got a SES light that is throwing the FRPS sensor code. My car isn't in limp mode, and actually runs pretty good. I've got a pretty good tune on the car now, to where I can drive it anywhere and get on it alittle without really having to worry. We didn't finish my tune, cause my tires that were on the cobra where not holding up to the power I was putting down on the dyno. My SES didn't come on til a couple of days ago while driving the car to the store. I was driving normal, not getting on it at all.

What I was wondering, have ya'll had this problem and what did ya'll do to fix it? My current mods are Sullivan upper & lower intakes along with Sullivan fuel rails. I have a returnless system as of now, with all the upgrades done, lines, injectors, pumps ,PPRV delete, etc. I have the KB FRPS disc, but it is too small for the upgraded fuel rails. My only option I think is to go a return style system or possibly weld a plate to the end of the sensor, and drill the smallest hole in the plate possible. That last idea was an idea that a friend threw out there since I don't have any type of restriction plate on there now.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Tim at MPH was able to due some things in the tune to fix my issue with the FRPS. Mine would almost always come on shortly after I started the car. It had to due with the when the sensor turned on if i'm not mistaken and he just adjusted that time (delaying it abit). It was never blowing the sensor, it would just throw the code.

TRBO VNM

Not yet, just got the code read this evening, been busy at work lately. I just figured with the PPRV delete, you had to use that KB disc to help prevent going through FRPS's.

no, you don't have to use the disc when doing the PPRV delete. the disc is a band-aid fix.

What I found was using a larger fuel line really cured it for me. I didn't have a lot of problems blowing fuses, but shortly after doing some bolt on mods to my first CO cobra I blew a couple sensors. I then did the 60# injectors and the -8an line upgrade and never had a problem after that and then put the turbo on and still never had a problem. you have to reduce the pressure spikes that it is seeing and that fuel line upgrade really helped with that.

Users who are viewing this thread