Frpp M55's are one!!!!!!! omgf

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
Well like I stated before I was tired of my stingers, everyone had them and I heard about this m55 thing. I did not believe that it was any louder than the stingers or the slp. My car still hasnt been tuned so I was limited to what I can do, but let me tell you :uh oh: They are loud and I dont recommend them for an every day driver. At idle the car sounds like its cammed, just a nasty low grunt. I was only able to take it around the block in first gear and rev it a couple of times. I would compare the sound the a sebring/lemans racer, its not your typical mustang sound which is what I like. You might as well throw your radio out the door cause you cant hear shit. This thing sounds mean as hell. Several people working in neighboring bays came out inquiring what the f*ck was that that just drove by, that made me happy and proud. :D Ive heard the stingers and slp and this is by far the loudest exhaust I have heard, 10 fold and 10 times. :banana: I honestly dont recommed this for an everyday driver. I will video record the dyno session, but it will do it no justice. This is great. :thumbsup:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
themadgmkillr said:
how do you get louder than SLP's basically straight pipe design

Thats what I'm wondering. I guess it could be done, but there was a pic of this kit on here before, and the muffler cans look to be the size of standard oval mufflers almost. :shrug:

themadgmkillr

99 Cobra...Yeah Baby..!!
Established Member
mblgjr said:
Thats what I'm wondering. I guess it could be done, but there was a pic of this kit on here before, and the muffler cans look to be the size of standard oval mufflers almost. :shrug:

exactly... :read: :??: :shrug:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
compcobra said:
Who makes the M55 system for ford?

It is sold through Ford Racing Performance Parts. The actual manufacturer is probably Tenneco (Walker), or Arvin. Most likely Tenneco.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
I had that setup on my 99 and then to begin with on my 2003. They are made by Arvin. Full stainless. The mufflers are a straight through design despite their outward appearance. I repeatedly sang the praises of this catback in the past. Cheap for what you get, and they will wake up all the neighbors. Loud as just a catback, downright criminal with x-pipe and headers...Every old lady on the block hated me. Many times threatened to call the cops...they knew where I was at, just listen its a small freaking town:)

KosherCobra

Established Member
Man that project is taking a long time, Get some dyno numbers and take it to the track. Did you get the dynojet commander A/F gauge and pod? I would if I were you, especially in that car. You can data log it and make sure it's safe at all times. The F1A is a beast.

BTW, no offense but I really thought the car was complete a while ago based on the pictures. Good thing you have a squad car.

NateV8

Established Member
How do the 3" pipes look from behind the car?

Are the tips the same as stock?
:shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread