FRPP K springs VS. Eibach Sportlines

acrbill

Established Member
They almost seem a bit to low, do you bottom out a lot? I found myself bottoming out every now and then with the k springs.

Funny you should mention this. I have bottomed out on the same dip two days in a row. I suppose stuff like that is a product of the lower stance. It still is worlds better than the super rough ride of the K springs.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Funny you should mention this. I have bottomed out on the same dip two days in a row. I suppose stuff like that is a product of the lower stance. It still is worlds better than the super rough ride of the K springs.

I need to go for a ride I this thing before I get springs

Nick Nasty

Established Member

the more you drive the more you get used to missing stuff, it eventually becomes second nature. coming from the VW scene the sportlines are far from low, but its what im going with. just seems to be the right mix between ride height and performance. my jetta was stupid low, aka my oil pan was 2 fingers, so about 2 inches, off the ground and i was able to avoid bottoming out for the most part.

acrbill

Established Member
I need to go for a ride I this thing before I get springs

The K springs would have bottomed out the same way it just so happened to be the first time I bottomed out with the Sportlines. I hit railroad tracks like I did with the stock springs where I would have to slow down with the K springs.

mcduffer7

Established Member
Mannnnn I really wanted a set of the frpp's but are they really that bouncey?

I think its the stock struts and shocks that are making the bounce. Once I installed my Koni's, no more bounce with my FRPP springs. Of course now I run BMR springs.

acrbill

Established Member
I think its the stock struts and shocks that are making the bounce. Once I installed my Koni's, no more bounce with my FRPP springs. Of course now I run BMR springs.

Yeah thats what I figured was going on with my K springs. Perhaps the sportlines are just a better match for the stock struts when lowered.

kona12

Established Member
I had sportlines since 1200 miles and still no complaints here aswell good to know someone else is happy with them..

acrbill

Established Member
I didn't have wheelhop before the sportlines and I still don't. Maybe if you are running a one piece driveshaft and you need to correct the pinion.

Do you guys think an adjustable upper control arm is a must after installing sportlines?

RioRed4v

Established Member

Agreed. I have the Koni STR.T's with my K springs and i think it rides really nice. Definitely better than the stock Brembo suspension did IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread