FRPP K springs VS. Eibach Sportlines

acrbill

Established Member
I installed a set of Sportlines on my 2011 today and I wanted to do a comparo between them and the FRPP K springs that I had on my old 2011.

As far as drop goes they look pretty similar. I only put about 60 easy miles on the Eibach so they may drop a little more.

The ride is where the difference is. Both springs were on otherwise stock suspension and the FRPP were very bouncy. Hit a dip in the road and you would be launched into the headliner. The Eibachs are fantastic in this regard. The ride is just a bit harsher than OEM. I have not hit any terrible holes yet though.
When I had my FRPP springs installed I had bought the shorter bumpstops. This time I was prepared to cut the stockers since I still had my old bumpstops but to my surprise the Eibachs came with new rear stops so I used those and kept the factory stops up front.

I definitely recommend the Eibachs over the FRPP K springs.

Here is the FRPP springs.
fh1.jpg

Here are the Eibachs
st1.jpg

busarich

Established Member
Nice, did you have to use the shorter bump stops with the ford springs?? I am installing my shocks/struts and the k springs tomorrow.

SicShelby09

Banned
Mannnnn I really wanted a set of the frpp's but are they really that bouncey?

No they aren't. I have had them since my car was new. Im at 8k miles now and still love them. They ride just like stock, but stiffer and the car doesnt lean like it used to.

Jay, one thing I do wanna say to you though is you probably will love the brembo car springs. Yeah, they are stock height, but man do they ride great. Super firm, and the car doesnt wiggle or lean on hard turns. So maybe get your car first and try it out before you go buy springs. If I had held onto my last car with the brembo pkg, I would have never swapped out the springs. They were dope. Now the regular springs that come with the non-brembo cars are shit. But wait it out, and Im sure you will be surprised at the ride on your new one.

acrbill

Established Member
I am not the only one who says the K springs are harsh as all get out. When I traded the first car in the new one felt like a Cadillac on the ride home.

The wheels are Bremmer Kraft BR-05. 19x9/8. Not sure on the offset but they aren't pushed out real far like RTR wheels.

SicShelby09

Banned
I am not the only one who says the K springs are harsh as all get out. When I traded the first car in the new one felt like a Cadillac on the ride home.

The wheels are Bremmer Kraft BR-05. 19x9/8. Not sure on the offset but they aren't pushed out real far like RTR wheels.

I had the prokit on my 09 GT500, and those were like not having springs at all. They were brutal on the car and my bones. Totally way too harsh. I went with the FRPP this time around and have been very happy.

kingnut

Established Member
looks like it added alot more rake to the car. i am one of the few that doesnt like rake.

ViciousJay

Established Member
No they aren't. I have had them since my car was new. Im at 8k miles now and still love them. They ride just like stock, but stiffer and the car doesnt lean like it used to.

Jay, one thing I do wanna say to you though is you probably will love the brembo car springs. Yeah, they are stock height, but man do they ride great. Super firm, and the car doesnt wiggle or lean on hard turns. So maybe get your car first and try it out before you go buy springs. If I had held onto my last car with the brembo pkg, I would have never swapped out the springs. They were dope. Now the regular springs that come with the non-brembo cars are shit. But wait it out, and Im sure you will be surprised at the ride on your new one.

i would like to lower it a bit but ill wait i suppose, do the brembo cars have different shocks?

2012ingot

Established Member
OP - I am considering doing the same thing. What shocks/struts did you run with your K springs? What shocks/struts are you running with the Sportlines? I am running the FRPP shocks and struts with my K springs. Would you recommend a shock/strut change for the Sportlines? I am using the Eibach camber bolts...did you have to do anything in that area when you went with the Sportlines?

what size tires are you running front and rear?

Thanks for the info, just the thread I was looking for!!

acrbill

Established Member
I ran the stock struts on both setups. The FRPP aligned within spec. I have not aligned the car with the Sportlines yet however. The car rides fine with the stock struts which is all I am concerned with.

Tires are 245/45/19 front 275/40/19 rear.

acrbill

Established Member
I finally got a good pic of the car with the springs being as settled as they will ever be. They definitely seem to be lower than the K springs.

byron7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread