Front skinny tires

95SC

Banned
IMO, i would just put on 3" studs and just hammer out the studs on the spacers...that way, when you go to regular wheels you dont run into any issues with the lugnut not being engaged enough.
That's not a bad idea,I'm gonna have to try that as I have same problems with spacers and when I cut of the stock studs there won't be enough thread left for my 17'' rims.

Btw For all of you running cheap ass front skinny tires ,watch out as most of these tires have very low speed ratings and load.I've seen a video before of a front skinny blowing up on the highway on 03 cobra when doing high speed runs.Spend some money and do it right ,get a M/T or Hoosier front runners.

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
I know my buddy had to grind off just the non threaded section on the studs but that was with 1 1/4 '' spacers.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Here's my beef with those pep boys metric radials... Yes everyone and their mother have used them with no probs however, they are a 4 ply tire. Meaning their weight specs are for a lighter car. You can put the max psi of air in them and the'll still look low. As heavy as SN95 are thats alot of pressure on the sidewall. Foxbodies can get away with them but not our pigs. I went with M/T Sportman Pros. They have a 8 ply sidewall tire and M/T recommends these for cars over 3k lbs. I'm sure my car is lighter than the majority of the cars in this section. For a car that will see street/strip duty with these tires I'd get the M/T. A dedicated track car can go with Moroso D2's or E/T Front Runners.

On a side note why didn't you just get 3" studs and run a 3/4" spacer? I only run a 1/2" spacer but had to grind on my caliper a little. I'm sure with another 1/4" I wouldn't have needed the grinding.

My $.02

-Mark

allgo90

Established Member
im running the bfgoodrich not the nexens... i will eventually get 3 inch studs but for now it looks like i have no choice but to grind the stock studs and run these spacers..

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
im running the bfgoodrich not the nexens... i will eventually get 3 inch studs but for now it looks like i have no choice but to grind the stock studs and run these spacers..

why do you have no choice?

~25 and 30 minutes is all you need to do the front studs. just buy and return the big socket you need to take off the hub.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
The studs are right. I used the exact same ones. Take the caliper off, pull the rotor and get a BFH and take out the old ones and repeat to put in the new ones. -Mark

Users who are viewing this thread