Front skinny tires

allgo90

Established Member
I'm getting ready to order some tires for my Prostar skinnys and I want to see what brand / size you guys are running. I'm looking for a tire that will see alot of street duty and maybe some hwy.

allgo90

Established Member
Thanks for the replies....I'm well aware of the dangers and necesary precautions needed while driving on skinnys. What brand tire do you use and where should I look to buy? Summit only sells the m/t front runner I believe.

wildstang_93

Established Member
they are getting harder to find ,but i believe kelly still makes them , as well as futura from pep boys .and nexen's should be around $40 each.

allgo90

Established Member
thanks! also, do the front prostars use the same size lugnuts as the rears?

95StangRC

Established Member
cool, how much did they cost?

They were kind of expensive at like $75 a tire I believe, but they are high speed rated and I felt more comfortable with using them over the 165 metrics. The Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radials are also a great radial front-runner tire but are crazy expensive at $165 a tire....

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I run Goodyear 185/65/15 tires on my 15x4's that I got from Wal-Mart.

that has to be a very very very short front tire..i run a bfgoodrich i found on Summit in a 155/80/15 after i couldn't find anymore Kumho Powerstars(165/80/15) that is was running..i actually like the BFG more even though i think it weighs a bit more, but it made the car more solid feeling on the top end.

95StangRC

Established Member
that has to be a very very very short front tire..i run a bfgoodrich i found on Summit in a 155/80/15 after i couldn't find anymore Kumho Powerstars(165/80/15) that is was running..i actually like the BFG more even though i think it weighs a bit more, but it made the car more solid feeling on the top end.

Yeah it's a little short but not much shorter than the 155's. The 155/80/15 is 24.7 inches tall and the 185/65/15 is 24.5 inches tall.

allgo90

Established Member
hey guys i test fitted my spacers and front prostars today before mounting the tires and i have a problem. The studs from my car that go threw the spacer stick out a little bit and hit the back of the wheel...am i supposed to grind my stock studs or is my spacer the problem? heres some pics
0896ed5b.jpg

97e51f59.jpg

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
what about getting shorter studs? Then you would have to cut them. The thing Im thinking is then you go to take the the spacer nuts off and you have to force them off because you cut the threads..

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
IMO, i would just put on 3" studs and just hammer out the studs on the spacers...that way, when you go to regular wheels you dont run into any issues with the lugnut not being engaged enough.

Users who are viewing this thread