Front Plate On

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by IUP99snake
Pennsylvania and Florida are awesome. NO emission laws, and NO front plates. Plus, in Florida, you can tint your windows as dark as you want.

-Homer

Thats it. I'm moving to florida!

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
Texas ????

Anyone familiar with the Texas law on front plates. I think it is REQUIRED.....however....is there any slack.....say if you keep the plate in the trunk and can present it?

jonas

Established Member
its required here in california too. I have been keeping tabs on cars I see on the road and a good 25% dont have plates so I aint even concerned about it.

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Pennsylvania and Florida are awesome. NO emission laws, and NO front plates. Plus, in Florida, you can tint your windows as dark as you want.

-Homer

. . . . unless you live near Pittsburgh or Philly:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: .

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
oh thats right!! i forgot about that!!!! hahahahahaha

ive seen quite a few emision stickers next to the inspection sticker on cars at my school, and i do nothing but feel sorry for them.

Redrmearsenal

Established Member

-Homer

Same thing in SC.

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
I have the same style mount. State and local police left me alone, military police were not so inclined to overlook the missing front plate.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I'll have to be doin this over the weekend.. gotta have my front plate on and approved my Monday :(

LCCOBRA

Established Member
what about

is going to try and rig up something to put in the front window. I heard as long as it's visible in the front window the cops will leave you alone. At least that's how it is in Ohio.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I had mine mounted using the stock bracket, I delayed several weeks so that it could be painted to match the body. Like some of you, I was just asking to get hassled here in Virginia without it.

Friendchicken

Re: what about

Originally posted by LCCOBRA
is going to try and rig up something to put in the front window. I heard as long as it's visible in the front window the cops will leave you alone. At least that's how it is in Ohio.

you might still get hassled because the angle of the windshield might be considered an obstruction.

NewGuy

Hey thanks again terminatd,
I just made and put mine on this morning. One thing I added was flat black spray paint to the L bracket. I didn't like the shinny look of the aluminum bracket. Hopefully this will prevent another ticket!
:beer:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Re: Texas ????

Originally posted by John Himsel
Anyone familiar with the Texas law on front plates. I think it is REQUIRED.....however....is there any slack.....say if you keep the plate in the trunk and can present it?

It just depends on the cop. I went years without being pulled over for no front plate (none of my cars have ever had it), then I got pulled over 6 times within 2 months for it. If they pull you over for it, they won't accept the fact that it's in the trunk and not on the car. On my Z28 (which I got in trouble the most with), I used suction cups and suctioned it to the inside of the windshield just above the dash on the passenger side. I don't know how well this will work on a Mustang as far as visibility, but the Camaro's dash was so long it wasn't a problem. I could take it on and off as I pleased and the cops were ok with it, so it worked out really well.

Users who are viewing this thread