Front plate bracket help

jbsnake

Established Member
HATE front plates on our cars, but Johnny Law feels differently and I'm tired of getting pulled over, so I'm going to the dark side...
Does anyone know of a solid, low-profile, inexpensive, NO-DRILLING-REQUIRED option? I've seen ones for 03-04s that mount to the heat exchanger. I guess I could drill into the underside and use some L-brackets, but I'd rather use something a little more slick... Ideas?

mustangman36578

Established Member
move some where that a front plate isnt required lol. but yea if i needed a front plate that kit looks the best option to go with or ive also seen a lot of people put the plate by there windshield on the dash. will that kit work for the new edges though?

Niteninja

I Miss my Z...
Established Member
You can get pulled over in Texas for having the plate on the dash. It can cause harm if your in an accident so it's considered a deadly weapon when it is on the dash.

jbsnake

Established Member
Yeah ONE of my tickets was for it being on the dash, one was for it being nowhere in sight. I just heard that crap about it being a deadly projectile in an accident if on the dash. I love how cops are so concerned with the safety of the driver--seatbelts, deadly projectiles--that they can issue these tickets with hefty fines for things that have no effect on public safety. OK I'm done venting.
Anyway, I contacted Craig at the above link, and he does make one for new edges. Nice n clean looking too, $51 shipped.

jbsnake

Established Member
Out of curiosity, how much is the fine for no front plate in CA?

It's a fix-it ticket which involves a $10 inspection fee, or you can opt not to correct it and pay the fine, which I think is $180, then get pulled over again. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

In the last 2 years these lame fix-it tickets have made me ditch my window tint, my smoked taillights, my o/r x pipe, and now the nice clean front bumper plus 5 inspection fees and trips to the courthouse. They really know how to take the fun out of owning a custom car!:cryying:

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
It's a fix-it ticket which involves a $10 inspection fee, or you can opt not to correct it and pay the fine, which I think is $180, then get pulled over again. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

In the last 2 years these lame fix-it tickets have made me ditch my window tint, my smoked taillights, my o/r x pipe, and now the nice clean front bumper plus 5 inspection fees and trips to the courthouse. They really know how to take the fun out of owning a custom car!:cryying:

+1 CALI Sucks when it comes to stuff like this

Sorry to hear about the fix it tickets :nonono: There's soooooo many cops in San Jose CA area its ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread