Front License plate - slick!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZFnQBSmXCc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Cadillac CTS V with motorized license plate[/ame]

I fortunately live in a state that doesn't have a front plate but I saw this and thought those of you who do might find it interesting.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Then you have to deal with mounting, wiring, etc. The things cost like $150 on top of that.

I live in a state with a front plate law, and is known for enforcing it fairly strictly, but I've only received one ticket for now having it on the car, and that was in a different state. :bash::bash:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's a lot of money for just moving your plate. But it is very cool that the plate drops and then retracts inward, disappearing from view entirely. Still expensive, but honestly the best solution I've seen yet.

Connecticut has a front plate law but they don't enforce it. I'd estimate at least 50% of cars here don't have a front plate. That is great for performance cars that would otherwise look crappy with a front plate.

pony23

Established Member
That's a lot of money for just moving your plate. But it is very cool that the plate drops and then retracts inward, disappearing from view entirely. Still expensive, but honestly the best solution I've seen yet.

Connecticut has a front plate law but they don't enforce it. I'd estimate at least 50% of cars here don't have a front plate. That is great for performance cars that would otherwise look crappy with a front plate.

They like to use the plate law as an excuse to pull you over here in CT.

Digital

Established Member
This is kinda like the hide plate I have on the back of my car. American muscle sells these and they are very easy to install and wire.
I think they are nifty for car shows while allowing you to ability to not drill your front bumper.

Digital

Established Member
Really neat! I wonder how the install would be for the 03/04' Cobras that have the heat exchanger down there?

It slips either under the bumper cover where nothing is there. The piece is the size of your plate almost exactly so it's pretty small.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I can't umm....I don't umm.....WHAT?

He means if you have a paper from a dealer showing that you have a front bracket on order, you just pull it out if you get pulled over and you'll be good to go. That is, of course, unless the cop starts looking at the paper and sees it's dated 2 years ago.:D:D

SBTerminator

Established Member
He means if you have a paper from a dealer showing that you have a front bracket on order, you just pull it out if you get pulled over and you'll be good to go. That is, of course, unless the cop starts looking at the paper and sees it's dated 2 years ago.:D:D

Yes, just don't date it :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread