Front Coilovers - what's a "typical" spring rate ??

Cobra 2997

Established Member
What's considered a typical coilover spring rate on a street driven 03/04 Cobra ??

Currently running 250 lb springs and wondering what others were using ?? The 250lb rate seems a bit stiff to me....

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
My spring rates are in my sig, however mine is a weekend cruiser and not tracked. Hope it helps

moonltgold

325 is standard with the stock Bilstein shocks, per MM advisement. They get stiffer up from there: 350, 375, 400 but you'll need different shocks and different setup for those to be safe.

reldla1996

Established Member
Per MM web site, the wheel rate is 25 percent of the stock location springs, while the coil overs are 90 percent. Translated, that means 167 pound coil over springs would equal the 600 pound factory springs. I went with 200 pound on my Cobra, and they are a little stiffer than factory, but not too much. the 250's on my 89 do handle better though....

Fender34

Established Member
Not to hijack the thread but how do you know how many spacers to run on the strut either between the C/C or on top of the C/C plate?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Sickest stance on the site bro! Love it. If I could get my cobra in and out of my drive I would have your set up.

My spring rates are in my sig, however mine is a weekend cruiser and not tracked. Hope it helps

Users who are viewing this thread