From TRiax to MGW - Wow, peace and quiet

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I had the Triax with the MGW adjustable handle and picked up the new MGW unit with the orange handle. WOW, what a difference! The cars not BMW quiet but the tranny noise is DRAMATICALLY reduced. Before it felt like I was driving an M21 Rockcrusher with lots of noise and vibration.

I also used Cobra Bob's shifter gasket and really like the feel of the shifter. The combo is as advertised, pure magic. Now I need exhaust to make up for the lost noise. Oh, and a port for more whine!

Again , thanks to Cobra Bob and MGW for great products, and to this forum that keeps you "in the know".

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Anyone used the gasket with a triax? oppinions? I ran the MGW orange handle with my GT, but am getting a free Triax for my Cobra. Just curious

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I actually used my gasket with the TriAx I had in my Cobra. It works with any shifter. Stock or aftermarket. You'll be happy!

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I have the triax with bob's gaskets and its quiet but has very minor noise, but I can live it with since my exhaust will wake the dead

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I have Bob's gasket with the Triax, it could be quieter but Bob's gasket makes a difference.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I used to run a Triax w/ Bobs gaskets and I still use them with my MGW. Those gaskets are KEY!! Best $5 I have spent on this car.

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Thanks, just trying to find a vendor to support, but looks like noone sells it? :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I used to run a Triax w/ Bobs gaskets and I still use them with my MGW. Those gaskets are KEY!! Best $5 I have spent on this car.

You've been hibernating my friend. :lol1: They're a whopping $6.00 now. With postage included. :thumbsup:

Hawkdriver23

Established Member
Thnaks for the input everyone, I had the gasket on my MGW as well and loved it of course. It sounds like I'll still like the Triax setup even if it's a little louder esp when the shifter is free.

Users who are viewing this thread