From Steig Stg 5 port to KB 2.2 results.

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
This graph shows my 2.76 upper unported #'s compared to the Steig port, all else is the same.

PullyBaselinePortedbaselineDynoSAE.jpg

Went from the Steig Stg 5 ported blower, TB & plenum with 2.76 upper to a KB 2.2 with 2.93 upper. All else is the same.

KB2218lbssaebefore-after.jpg

Supporting mods are Bassani ORX, Borla Catback, JLT CF RAI, Afco HE, 60lb inj, sct 2600 & KB BAP.

This year I also added FR500 wheels so I could fit the MT 315's, Baer rotors, hawk pads, Moroso 3" wheel studs & billetflow IRS brace.

I only pulled the ported blower to see if Steig's TQ plate had cracked, but I didn't want to go through the trouble of pulling the blower just to cut the plate off and put it back on so I bought the KB from the classifieds on here. I have to thank Jonas & Jared @ LETHAL PERFORMANCE for their help, every part on the car with the exception of the used blower came from them. They had everything I needed in stock and helped me out a couple times when I needed to get parts shipped fast. Also thanks to Bryan at KB for helping me out with about 10 stupid technical questions & Pete @ performance dyno for the tuning.

The car went 11.41 @ 124.xx with the unported 2.76, never made it to the track on the ported blower but I'm looking forward to seeing what I can get out of it now. :-D

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
Video...

[ame=http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/Nautilusvt/Cars/2004%20SVT%20Cobra/Kenne%20Bell%20Install/?action=view&current=KBCobraDyno002.flv]Kenne Bell Install :: KB 2.2 18lbs 586/522 - 602/536 uncorrected video by Nautilusvt - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Nice #'s. Pete is a great guy. Will be seeing him this month after the Long Tubes go on.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hell yeah. Gotta love those screamin 2.2s.
How much you pick it up for?
I paid around 3 gs for a mint 2.2 plus supporting mods.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man does that blower whine! Nice numbers, and I can well understand how anxious you are to get to the track to see what it will do. Best of luck!

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Nice, Congrats! Sorry it took me so long to respond. Sounds great. How does it feel compared to the Steggy? It should pick up some more ponies when you switch to an Accufab or Dragon TB. You'd have to either cut the center divider out of the plenum you have or buy the oval plenum. Can't wait to see a further update on how it does.

Last edited:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Mike, which long tubes did you go with?

I stole a set of BBK's along with the matching X-pipe at the local swap meet. Took them to my powder coater and had them ceramic coated and they came out great. I will try them out and if they dont do it then Kooks will be next.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
More boost Tim! Spin that little KB to the moon. Please forgive the pathetic use of Microsoft Paint on top of your graph. :) My torque curve looks like this (red line) in comparison to yours.
Of course, it drops after 5,250...but you'll get the concept. That along with the hp curve is the difference between 128mph traps and 135mph traps.

a5knsg.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread