From Ford - TR-6060 Redesigned

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Sorry I need to update that. My car is a 2011 with 15k miles

My car sat at the dealer for 5 1/2 weeks until they put my junk tranny back in and asked me to pick it up until the new one arrived. So right now im driving it again.

There are some people on this site that work at dealers, they can probably find out if the transmission is really on backorder. Or if you just got the run around like myself. Car not designed to shift at WOT, or I should take a driving course.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Deysha,

Well im one of those customers thats upset and amazed at her complete lack of customer service skills. How she retains a management position is beyond me. To anyone on here dont bother trying to contact her as she absolutely will not return your phone calls.
I understand, SLO-SVT. Thank you! Remember, you’re welcome to PM me if you have any questions or if you need me to pass along any info to her.

Deysha

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Sorry I need to update that. My car is a 2011 with 15k miles

My car sat at the dealer for 5 1/2 weeks until they put my junk tranny back in and asked me to pick it up until the new one arrived. So right now im driving it again.

Did they fully pay for your back-up car during that 5 and a half weeks? I thought my experience with Dodge getting lifters replaced and them frying the entire electrical system and it being in the shop for a month and a half was bad enough, but just wow! My dealership's owner ended up cutting off pay to the techs and that got them to fix it. Good lord that sucks though man :-\

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
There are some people on this site that work at dealers, they can probably find out if the transmission is really on backorder. Or if you just got the run around like myself. Car not designed to shift at WOT, or I should take a driving course.

The not designed to shift at WOT I am stunned the OP accepted. That is just flat out stupid to say, plus I mean uh, they show-case the GT 5.0 racing in every ad going balls out, as well as the Shelby...like every Mustang....., but the Shelby isn't made for it? No clue what is going on, but yeahhh

MoneyAMG

Established Member
What about the guys that haven't had tsb done? Is it even a possibility to get this done if you bought the car from a private owner who no longer has a warranty on it?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
What about the guys that haven't had tsb done? Is it even a possibility to get this done if you bought the car from a private owner who no longer has a warranty on it?

I guess if that old no unless they did a recall...GT-500s do have a 60k power-train warranty (6 years though) but uh...if way out of that I wouldn't expect much...they have nothing to gain from you :( I know it sucks but yeah 36k basic bumper to bumper (3 years\36k) then power-train I believe is 60k or 6 years. Anyway TR6060 re-designed is weird, these things are plopped into the Challenger R\T, SRT, and SS all day. Have not heard about a "re-design" on their forums. Just more complaints. Tremec likes to say "Out of the TR-6060's ordered we have a 1% Failure" uhhh, who the hell buys these? Only car manufacturs do, apparently anyone with a strong head gets the T56 Magnum XL (though having to swap out a transmission is a complete joke). The burdens and problems of the TR6060 are all over the Dodge\Ford\Chevy forums. Heck the only normal "Muscle" car it isn't in, is the Mustang GT which gets the horrific MT82....forgot even the BOSS got that.

Last edited:

vipboy28

Established Member
The reason i did not get the boss was because of the MT-82 and all the problems i hear about it getting stuck in gear.... That was the biggest red flag....

oh and I wanted to test drive this Green one at Jersey City Ford in NJ on 440, and I was told "sorry kid, we dont let anyone test drive those cars, it would get stolen or we would get robbed"....

A) I was 26 at the time with my mom at the stealership
B) give me a break, i test drove vettes and SS's and even a Viper at another dealership in Newark, and all other areas...

Users who are viewing this thread