From Ford - TR-6060 Redesigned

SLO-SVT

Established Member
Just wanted to share the info I was given yesterday about the new transmission I've been waiting months for:

"This will service as an update to your recent inquiry regarding the status of the transmission assembly for your vehicle.

As of this morning, we have been advised that the manufacturer has re-designed the transmission assembly and now the part is currently undergoing engineering review by Ford Motor Company and the U.S. government. As a side note, if a manufacturer changes a component in any fashion, the re-designed part must go through Ford Motor Company engineering approval to ensure that (a) the part is compatible with the vehicle that it is supposed to go into; (b) that the new part meets all safety requirements by both Ford Motor Company and the federal government; and (c) that the part meets with all other government requirements, i.e, emissions, etc.

Unfortunately, until our engineering department and the federal government have approved and agreed that the newly designed transmission is acceptable, the part will not be available for transport to any dealership.
"

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I just called Tremec and they wont comment on it.... SMH

Which department and what location did you contact?

See my point with the questions gentlemen?

"I just called 'X' and was told blah." What is the source of the response? What position are they in to provide said response (marketing, customer service, engineering, etc)?

SLO-SVT

Established Member
I called the main customer service number that they have posted on their website (1-800-401.9866 ). I previously called same number and they were open to discuss things.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Talking to John Doe in customer service rarely yields actionable intelligence. The number you called is indeed what Tremec shows for customer service.

Tremeccustserv.jpg

Who knows who you spoke with previously vs who you spoke with today. In fact, Tremec is looking to hire someone in customer service at that very location. A great job if you have mastered the art of obfuscation thinly veiled as assistance.:-D

Tremecopportunities.jpg

Note that there is also an opportunity that many here might consider, managing Tremec's aftermarket. I'm not sure if Nate Tovey has moved up or of that department but he was great to deal with. More here.

SLO-SVT

Established Member
The main reason I posted was to share the information Ford has passed on to me regarding my service claim and to give others a heads up. Also to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

breoland

Established Member
I wonder if this new fix that is under inspection, if its the best way to go and will they offer to people that have already had the tsb done.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Wendy

She is the Ford customer service area rep over the dealer I've been working with in Spring, Tx.
Hi SLO-SVT,

I appreciate you updating us on your situation. Also, since CSMs are assigned by region and to avoid further confusion, would you please remove her last name off your post? I would hate for customers to be upset because they can’t get a hold of her or because she can’t help them directly.

Deysha

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The main reason I posted was to share the information Ford has passed on to me regarding my service claim and to give others a heads up. Also to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

My apologies for the deviation, SLO-SVT. My point arose from a myriad of concerns regarding the response you were given from Ford's CS representative. It's essentially a boilerplate response.

If Ford was actually going to spend the money on redesigning the "transmission assembly" now that they are no longer installing them in any of their vehicles I would be surprised. I could see changing a component (such as a synchro, etc) for service concerns but nothing substantial. That said, it would be great to see the issue finally addressed from the corporate level. The '10/'11/'12 GT500 shifting experience has let a lot of people down.

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Confusing on how many cars these days have the TR-6060 in them (kinda the last of the manuals in sports cars), and Tremec isn't under serious fire for the 2nd gear problems, ten-fold as the first thing I kept reading about after purchasing a GT-500 was the 2nd-gear issues. Does the new 7-Speed Tremec TR6070 Chevy is putting in the new Vetts not have issues or something? Even the Hell-cat got the TR6060 6-Speed but it's "Viper-spec"

I def need to get my 2nd gear checked out but this redesign bit is confusing.

Last edited:

SLO-SVT

Established Member
Hi SLO-SVT,

I appreciate you updating us on your situation. Also, since CSMs are assigned by region and to avoid further confusion, would you please remove her last name off your post? I would hate for customers to be upset because they can’t get a hold of her or because she can’t help them directly.

Deysha

Deysha,

Well im one of those customers thats upset and amazed at her complete lack of customer service skills. How she retains a management position is beyond me. To anyone on here dont bother trying to contact her as she absolutely will not return your phone calls.

SLO-SVT

Established Member
My apologies for the deviation, SLO-SVT. My point arose from a myriad of concerns regarding the response you were given from Ford's CS representative. It's essentially a boilerplate response.

If Ford was actually going to spend the money on redesigning the "transmission assembly" now that they are no longer installing them in
any of their vehicles I would be surprised. I could see changing a component (such as a synchro, etc) for service concerns but nothing substantial. That said, it would be great to see the issue finally addressed from the corporate level. The '10/'11/'12 GT500 shifting experience has let a lot of people down.

I completely understand and agree with you.

SLO-SVT

Established Member
slo-svt, what year GT500 is in the shop? Your cars noted in your sig make me ask?

Sorry I need to update that. My car is a 2011 with 15k miles

My car sat at the dealer for 5 1/2 weeks until they put my junk tranny back in and asked me to pick it up until the new one arrived. So right now im driving it again.

Users who are viewing this thread