Friend just took his GT3076R Cavalier to the track

Avenger

Established Member
Alright guys, I know this has nothing to do with an SVT product but I've seen my friend pull off a complete engine build, custom turbo setup and tune in a little more than a month and must say I am impressed with his skills and the end result. We all were actually !! :banana:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cavalier-GT3076-PontRouge_710963.htm?ref=c3f69681-f22e-416c-8513-9970010210e9

We rushed to the track so those are only preliminary results. He's running a GT3076R turbo at 15psi on pump gas. Engine is a 2.2L Ecotec with Darton sleeves, Eagle rods / pistons, ported head and oversized valves. Still running the factory camshafts. This thing will FLY on race fuel and 25psi :eek: He'll probably be giving me a good run on the highway !!

Kinda got me thinking about twin turbos myself... :rockon:

Hope you guys enjoy, comment are welcome ! :beer:

2010 UPDATE, car went 11.16 @131.7mph

http://www.streetfire.net/video/cavalier-ecotec-turbo-gt3076-drag-1116-13173_2069517.htm

Last edited:

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Friend of mine's got a built Ecotec running at Eaton M-45 and nitrous. Puts down 330+ hp/tq Little car like that moves! Nice work! :rockon::beer:

mr2cam

Established Member
3076 is a sick turbo! Very nice pass, looks like a sleeper!

Avenger

Established Member
Thanks for the props guys, I will share that thread with him soon. :beer:

For some background info, the guy pushed the M45 as far as it would go, actually went a best of 12.41 with it if I'm not mistaken Was pushing 265whp at the time. Then switched to the latest generation of Eaton blower (TVS) and ran 12.25 @ 113.3mph earlier this summer (305whp). Blew that engine (built) due to a faulty injector and went all out on this one. Basically went from M45 to TVS to turbo within a period of 5 months. Did all the work himself, I provided some advice and a helping hand every now and then. We took it out for the first time yesterday and were rewarded with that. Let's just say it made the hard work worth it !! Damn thing picked up 10mph on a shakedown run !! It will be NASTY on race fuel and make for some awesome stories from non suspecting "fast car" owners !!

Last edited:

Avenger

Established Member
Quick update for those that are interested. Winter mods included twin disk clutch and some 26" tall M/T ET Drags. The thing looks pretty mean and hooks much better now. First time out this season with bad headwind... We're still trying to figure out an issue with his AEM boost controller that prevents running anything above the wastegate spring boost level. (15psi). Can't wait to see it run with race fuel and 25+ psi :eek:

Cavalier Turbo Drag Pont-Rouge Mai 2010 - 11.31, 124mph - Car Videos on StreetFire

Day ended up with grenaded diff on a 1-2 shift so a Quaife LSD will be the next step. Might be the last stock part on that car :lol:

Last edited:

jfsram

Established Member
Excellent. I really respect different builds. The R & D behind tells me there is a very smart person making the decisions on that build.

With a car like a Mustang it's just a matter of asking on a forum. "What do I need to run this fast?"

mr2cam

Established Member
Quick update for those that are interested. Winter mods included twin disk clutch and some 26" tall M/T ET Drags. The thing looks pretty mean and hooks much better now. First time out this season with bad headwind... We're still trying to figure out an issue with his AEM boost controller that prevents running anything above the wastegate spring boost level. (15psi). Can't wait to see it run with race fuel and 25+ psi :eek:

Cavalier Turbo Drag Pont-Rouge Mai 2010 - 11.31, 124mph - Car Videos on StreetFire

Day ended up with grenaded diff on a 1-2 shift so a Quaife LSD will be the next step. Might be the last stock part on that car :lol:

Awesome! Ya at 15psi that turbo isn't even awake yet, once he turns that thing up to 25psi he will be in the 10's!

Avenger

Established Member
Another update, last one for 2010.

Boost was finally turned up to 26psi and the car made 500whp on 91 octane pump gas and conservative timing. It went 11.16 @ 131.7mph last weekend. More than enough for a 10sec timeslip but we're having serious traction issues in first and second gears. Oh well, gotta work a bit more on suspension / tire setup and have something to look forward to for 2011 season !!

Cavalier Ecotec Turbo GT3076 Drag 11.16 @ 131.73 - Car Videos on StreetFire

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread