Freedom From Religion sues US Treasury for stamping "In God We Trust" on currency.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
pretty petty if you ask me. Im atheist and dont give two shits whats printed on the money.

Although it may be because I can never seem to hold onto it long enough to care whats printed on it. Money comes in, money goes out. As Bill O'Reilly puts it, you cant explain that.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Dear gawd, if these idiot atheists are so committed to their cause they should not receive any currency, LOL! See how that shit works for them.

You could print Mickey Mouse on it for all I care or even Zeus. I just need something that will get my beer.

These guys are in it for the money so it seems hypocritical of them.

01bluesnake

Established Member
People need to get a life, go do some outside sports and activities and start a hobby. If this is the best they can come up with to complain about, they are a waste of sperm. So many real problems out there, who gives two Fks whats printed on money.

Kiohtee

Established Member
For a group so offended by believers pushing their thoughts on others, they sure are pushy themselves.

I grew up a believer, then turned into an IDK/IDC kind of guy, followed by another stint of believing and giving my life to "God." Now I'm back to the IDK/IDC phase, and I don't see it ever really changing. I don't totally say "It's impossible" either way anymore and I just don't care. With that, IDGAF what's printed on my money, in the pledge, etc.

o2k

Noob
Established Member
what a bunch of sensitive idiots. These athiests must have too much time on their hands.

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
People need to get a life, go do some outside sports and activities and start a hobby. If this is the best they can come up with to complain about, they are a waste of sperm. So many real problems out there, who gives two Fks whats printed on money.

this. :beer:

everyone is too damn offended these days.

no longer the United States of America.

we are just now the The Divided Bunch of Angry Crybabies. :shrug:

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
While I agree that we have bigger problems in this country to deal with right now, I also agree with the premise of the lawsuit, and I hope they win.

What if it said, "In Allah We Trust" on our currency? Or "In Satan We Trust"? Just words right? Doesn't mean anything, right?

slidai

Established Member
I wouldn't waste my time suing over it but I am reminded of a little thing called "separation of church and state."

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
While I agree that we have bigger problems in this country to deal with right now, I also agree with the premise of the lawsuit, and I hope they win.

What if it said, "In Allah We Trust" on our currency? Or "In Satan We Trust"? Just words right? Doesn't mean anything, right?

Dude...you know Allah means God right?

Anyways the only reason it's on our money anyways is because it's our country's motto. We could go back to "E pluribus unum" but then again I could still see people getting butt hurt over even that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that "In God We Trust" originated from the Star-Spangled Banner. And that from the civil war. And then congress had the phrase put on the coins during the cold war which was to show our differences from communism which was atheist. But since our country is headed into that direction anyways...

A bunch of crazies on both the religious and non religious side...can't we all just get along?

Last edited:

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
For a group so offended by believers pushing their thoughts on others, they sure are pushy themselves.

I swear, the way some athiests (notice I only say some) try to push their beliefs down your throat make jehovah's witnesses look like a bunch of easy going hippies.

If we're going to change what we print on the money, might as well as change it to "In no one we trust" because that's about where our monetary/political system is.

Meanwhile the fed keeps "printing" billions of new dollars making your little "In God we trust" bills worth less and less. But let's worry about what's printed on it. :rolleyes:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wouldn't waste my time suing over it but I am reminded of a little thing called "separation of church and state."

I agree. But still a waste of time an money to sue.. plus the gov is full of shit anyway. The last real president was regan.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Dude...you know Allah means God right?

Anyways the only reason it's on our money anyways is because it's our country's motto. We could go back to "E pluribus unum" but then again I could still see people getting butt hurt over even that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that "In God We Trust" originated from the Star-Spangled Banner. And that from the civil war. And then congress had the phrase put on the coins during the cold war which was to show our differences from communism which was atheist. But since our country is headed into that direction anyways...

A bunch of crazies on both the religious and non religious side...can't we all just get along?

I know what it means, but I'm sure a lot of people would have serious issues with it, since it's not the word they would use. It's even the same god when you get down to it, but a lot of Christians don't realize that.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Maybe it's just me, but I just don't care to go around raising a stink about everything I don't agree with. Atheists and Christians alike (and everyone in between) need to just STFU and move about their business without infringing on the other(s).

Users who are viewing this thread